Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Incoming Porsche 991 GTS pics/+993 comparison shots

carkid

Sao Paulo
I had been looking for ages for a 997 GTS but having had no luck finding one in the right spec I decided to pull the trigger on a 991 GTS in GT silver.
I took delivery of it recently-the car has far surpassed my expectations- the longer I've spent behind the wheel the more I love it. Obviously at this price point you would assume it's a decent bit of kit but the speed and handling in sports plus mode are amazing and yet for long distance cruising it's an extremely nice and easy place to be.
430 bhp, top speed 189 mph, 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds.

Here are some shots:

Here are some comparison shots of it next to my 993- I still think the 993 has the best looks/design of any 911....but when leaving the house it's the GTS keys I'll mostly be picking up from now on........

:thumbs: Must be a very proud 'father'. Or like a kid in a candy store. :grin:

I would have thought there would be a bigger difference in size. Maybe its not apparent in pictures though.

For me, absolutely no comparison the 991 wins hands down, enjoy. :thumbs:

Both winners to me, beauty and character in one, performance and capability in the other, you're a very luckY so and so!! :mrgreen:

Very cool! :)

I can never get over how massive the 991's wheels actually look in real life - huuuumungus!

Enjoy :thumb:

wheels !

DSC_2544_zpsltokyt86.jpg

nice comparison

What about the 993 analyser price App :dont know: I'm sure someone on here will be developing one to predict at what date the 993 will surpass the value of the 991. :roll: Rumour has it the 'zingari' subtrahend will not be included in the script which may cast doubt on its accuracy :hand:

BTW 991 looks the dogs gonads :thumb:

securitycheck said:
:thumbs: Must be a very proud 'father'. Or like a kid in a candy store. :grin:

I would have thought there would be a bigger difference in size. Maybe its not apparent in pictures though.

In the flesh side by side the 991 seems to dwarf the 993. The 993 appears far more compact- yet the 991 once you are behind the wheel does not seem a big car at all- to me it feels/ handles like a big go cart- it's an amazing bit of machinery.....

Awesome! :thumb:

:food: :food: :food: :food:

I need one I need one.....

The bigger one btw.........

In this week's Autocar magazine there is a comparison test between the 991 GTS, Merc AMG GT and Jaguar R.
Autocar sing the praises of the AMG before concluding at the end that if you want a sports car the Porsche 991 is still the only one to buy.......and it's 30 grand cheaper than the AMG.

Autocar stress how wonderful the handling of the 991 GTS is- I can confirm this. The other evening I just nipped to the local convenience store in order to purchase some milk and a chunky peanut kit kat - yet I found myself taking a 6 mile detour home just so I could keep behind the wheel.
The 991 GTS is so good to drive I can only imagine how a GT3 must go......

carkid said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WGYYhaSYbX4

Just watched this video. Should put to bed once and for all the anti-991 myths about being too big and losing character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back