Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 Purchase?

Frederick III

Hello,
First post. I have a chance to buy a 930. It has not been branded and has a clean title. It looks like it may have had some issues in the past (water/flood damage). It doesn't show on the ownership but it may have been an issue. It has been taken down to the bare metal and has been repainted and it has had all rubber and seals replaced. It has been maintained by the top porsche mechanic in the area, who has said it is fine. Should I be concerned? Anything in particular I should be looking for damage wise caused by water? It drove very strong and obviously very fast. Looks to be matching numbers. I am scared it may be a basket case...but I can purchase the car for approx $37k. Thoughts?
Thank you
Frederick

I guess it depends upon how extensive the water damage was. Can you find out how much water got in, and how long it was it there? If it's had a bare metal respray, as long as any rot has been cut out and replaced it should be fine. Other issues may be damage to wiring and electrical items and also if any water got into the engine. Has the car been finished or is it still in the bare chassis state? More info needed before we can make a call, also any photo's?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back