Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First 911

Tippedover

Sold my Boxster and off to take a 2nd look and test drive on a 2002 996 C4S Tip on Monday.

Well specified car including PSE.

It's done 95k km and comes with 1 year comp warranty .... any tips or hints?

Tippedover said:
Sold my Boxster and off to take a 2nd look and test drive on a 2002 996 C4S Tip on Monday.

If you are unsure pay an expert to have a look

Jonathon555 said:
Tippedover said:

If you are unsure pay an expert to have a look

So I shouldn't fix my own teeth or cut my own hair .... thanks Einstein.

Any sensible advice?

Tippedover said:
Any sensible advice?

Yes.

1. Introduce yourself when you make your first post.

2. Don't hijack other peoples threads with your own question.

3. Provide a few more details about the car you're thinking of buying.

4. Have a good read of the 996 sub-forum and especially the FAQs.

ps. :welcome: to 911uk

Plenty of information in the 996 sub forum.
You refer to mileage in km's so I assume you and/or the car are not in the UK.
Just make sure you check out the common areas where things need replacing.

It would be unlikely such an age of car would be for sale at a Porsche main dealer. If it is the case, check the warranty very carefully.

Hi Tippedover and welcome to the forum. Keep us all posted on how you're getting on. :welcome:

Tips and advice as per previous posts. :thumb:

Definitely go to a dentist for your teeth.

T8 said:
Tippedover said:
Any sensible advice?

Yes.

2. Don't hijack other peoples threads with your own question. Noted - thanks.

3. Provide a few more details about the car you're thinking of buying. See below.

4. Have a good read of the 996 sub-forum and especially the FAQs. Did that before posting.

ps. :welcome: to 911uk

Car is black metallic with black leather. Electrically adjustable seats. Rear wiper (is that good or bad? Seen quite a few without) Sun-moon Roof (Porsche speak for tilt and slide?)

Car Pass system here means mileage is genuine. Price looks about right for age, mileage and condition.

Small independent dealer, has 4 other Porsches on the yard. All usual precautions taken.

Are there any peculiarities of the 4S to look out for?

cheshire911 said:
Plenty of information in the 996 sub forum.
You refer to mileage in km's so I assume you and/or the car are not in the UK.
Just make sure you check out the common areas where things need replacing.

It would be unlikely such an age of car would be for sale at a Porsche main dealer. If it is the case, check the warranty very carefully.

Both in Brussels

Thanks

Tippedover said:
Car is black metallic with black leather. Electrically adjustable seats. Rear wiper (is that good or bad? Seen quite a few without) Sun-moon Roof (Porsche speak for tilt and slide?)

Car Pass system here means mileage is genuine. Price looks about right for age, mileage and condition.

Small independent dealer, has 4 other Porsches on the yard. All usual precautions taken.

Black/Black is a desirable colour combination.

Electrically adjustable seats are usual (maybe even standard on the C4S) Are they heated? This is a good option but less common.

A rear wiper is usual in the UK but elsewhere :dont know:

In the UK a Tilt & Slide roof seems more commonly fitted than not.

All the usual 996 checks and precautions apply to the C4S. There's nothing over and above the C2 or C4 to go wrong but standard advice on this forum is to get a professional PPI done and to include a boroscope if possible.

95k kms / 60k miles is a bit below average for a 2002 car.

Good luck :thumb:

ps. PSE is a desirable option for many people.

Make sure that the warranty has a decent single claim limit.

T8 said:
Tippedover said:

Electrically adjustable seats are usual (maybe even standard on the C4S) Are they heated? This is a good option but less common.

All the usual 996 checks and precautions apply to the C4S. There's nothing over and above the C2 or C4 to go wrong but standard advice on this forum is to get a professional PPI done and to include a boroscope if possible.

Thanks for that last one!! Hadn't thought of that.

PPI is tricky .... met this particular seller when I asked him to PPI a C4 I was considering ...... he said it's mechanical risk and has stood for a least a year (mirrored my thoughts) I have a nicer one you'd like .....

I haven't seen a better one within budget ..... so :?:

Tippedover said:
T8 said:
Tippedover said:

Thanks for that last one!! Hadn't thought of that.

PPI is tricky .... met this particular seller when I asked him to PPI a C4 I was considering ...... he said it's mechanical risk and has stood for a least a year (mirrored my thoughts) I have a nicer one you'd like .....

I haven't seen a better one within budget ..... so :?:

Apologies for quoting my own post .......

Deposit paid .... delivery on Friday :grin:

Got any piccies of sad steed...??

Welcome to the forum m8

Osh

Osh said:

Welcome to the forum m8

Osh

Said steed I hope you meant :)

Will post some later .... too difficult to do on a tablet

Osh said:

Welcome to the forum m8

Osh

Short update .....

Heated seats - tick (someone asked that)

PCM1 so has a cassette ..... yippeee must find all my old Kim Wilde and Kate Bush cassettes

Just passed its "autokeuring" (a kind of extended MOT) today

First tranche of money transferred (€3000 is the limit for a cash purchase here andything above has to be bank transfer)

Collection on for Friday - pics to follow

Well it's sat on the car park at work :)

It apparently has xenon lights (Option code 601) is this Litronic or is that something else?

It also has my old randomly generated number plate (they belong to the owner not the car here) but these are not in the pics yet

Some poor pics here - better ones to follow

Attachments

• 9114_194.jpg
    9114_194.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 6,260
  • 9111_198.jpg
    9111_198.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 6,260
  • 9113_171.jpg
    9113_171.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 6,260

New Threads