Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Telephone Connectivity - Music

G2GUV

Sorry guys,

maybe a silly question, but I cant find the answer by searching.

I have just bought a 2008 997TT Gen1. I have a connectivity cable in the center armrest which looks like it has been hardwired for possibly an ipod or iphone - (but not iphone 6). I am surprised that the telephone connectivity is not bluetooth??? Would the cable in the centre armrest be for a music device or phone? Either way - how could I replace the cable to make it compatible with my device?

(Feel quiet stupid asking the simplest of questions - maybe I'm overlooking something very simple?)

:frustrated:

I don't think the above link is relevant to a Gen I 997 as it will have CDR-24 or PCM 2.1, which is a very different system to the Gen II (CDR-30/PCM 3.0).

Bluetooth was never offered by Porsche on the Gen I, nor was even an AUX input but people added via various Dension type kit.

Best off posting up a pic of the cable you have in the car. My bet is that its for music only.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=102221&sid=afc0de5d79cfc70f0efd38d7cf4093b8

You don't have a mobridge unit in it already perhaps? Might be under the front drivers seat?

Gav171073 said:
You don't have a mobridge unit in it already perhaps? Might be under the front drivers seat?

This is what the cable looks like.

Attachments

• porsche_cable_137.jpg
    porsche_cable_137.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 4,581
I guess you've not got a 'classic' ipod to connect to it? Anyway I have one of those in my centre console because I have a Mobridge bluetooth/phone/ipod unit. It replaced the Multi cd changer and gave me blue tooth phone connectivity. The mobridge unit sits under my front seat, but I guess it could be anywhere. Did the previous owner or seller say anything about what it was for?

Gav171073 said:
I guess you've not got a 'classic' ipod to connect to it? Anyway I have one of those in my centre console because I have a Mobridge bluetooth/phone/ipod unit. It replaced the Multi cd changer and gave me blue tooth phone connectivity. The mobridge unit sits under my front seat, but I guess it could be anywhere. Did the previous owner or seller say anything about what it was for?

I purchased my car from a trader - so he doesn't know much.

I like the sound of this mobridge unit! Where do I get one from and what do they cost?

I suppose I should really check incase I already have one. As it is bluetooth - would I be able to pick it up by carrying out a simple bluetooth search from my phone??? Or do these things need to be put into some sort of paing mode first before they are visible?

Well have a look under your seats first. Its a shiny metal case the size of a box of cleenex. Then try pairing your phone...if it says blue tooth, you have one. Do you have a multi CD changer unit in the trunk?

Gav171073 said:
Well have a look under your seats first. Its a shiny metal case the size of a box of cleenex. Then try pairing your phone...if it says blue tooth, you have one. Do you have a multi CD changer unit in the trunk?

Yes there is a cd changer in the trunk - but I haven't used it just yet?

I have now discovered I have a mobridge device already installed! :wink:

Cant seem to fi d the box anywhere though. Plugged the lead in the centre armrest to my old iphone and I now have music. I am hoping that once I buy and lightning adapter to make the lead compatible with my iphone 6 that it will still work???

Also - my phone searches and finds mobridge via bluetooth but cannot pair/connect? How do I get the mobridge into pairing mode please?

The mobridge on the wife's car is attached to the cd player in the froot under the cover. The lead, that looks the same as yours, is routed into the glovebox. Then we use a big pin to lightning connector from apple.

While we're on the topic, I have PCM3 in my 997.2 c4s... works fine with bluetooth to my iPhone, and I also have a 2g SIM for emergencies in the slot that I can tap in if I want it... but the phonebook from the iPhone only seems to be available when its paired with the iPhone via bluetooth.

Any ideas if its possible to do a bulk transfer of the phonebook from the iphone for use with the physical SIM in the slot on the PCM? Happy to stick it on USB or whatever might be needed. Driving me crackers ;p

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back