Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Has anyone waved to another Porsche owner....

No but I have given a couple of thumbs up when I have been driving the cab ........ does that count? ........ :)

I waved goodbye to PeterS, Sausagecreature and I think his name was Rich ( with the BEAUTIFUL WB 964 in cream and mocca leather ) this afternoon, does that count ?

By the way, I need some photos of said 964 or a link to the 8 page magazine spread about it :worship:

Haven't done that BUT i do the mini/MGB thing of occassionally flashing other 911 drivers... :grin:

Osh

Osh - I think I saw you on the A38 a week back ??- I will flash next time I see you !! :thumb:

Also I think I saw T8 on M5 - but only because it was a 911 with a T8 in the numberplate - so may not have been him :oops:

I had a cyclist wave at me once, arms flailing all over the place.

Turned out he was warning me of a speed trap - I got caught and had to do a speed awareness course :oops:

To make matters worse, I took time to wave back cos I thought I knew him.

wibbaboo said:
Osh - I think I saw you on the A38 a week back ??- I will flash next time I see you !! :thumb:

Also I think I saw T8 on M5 - but only because it was a 911 with a T8 in the numberplate - so may not have been him :oops:

:thumb: :thumb:

Osh

wibbaboo said:

Sorry, it wasn't me.

I've never driven a 911 on the M5.

DerbyJim said:
... and not been in their Porsche?

No, me neither! :oops: :oops: :oops:

If you haven't then neither have I, several times. :oops:

Always let on when out on my bikes, nod, stick the leg out you must have seen them. Always used to try and flash the lights in my S3 Elan but they took so long to rise you had to try and squeeze in a knowing hand in the air thing. Not seen any other Porsche drivers let on, most drivers around me seem to drive new models and its probably below them, perhaps we should encourage so sort of acknowledgement between us, its quite nice when another owner lets on, try you may feel better. :thumbs:

DerbyJim said:
... and not been in their Porsche?

No, me neither! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm confused........if they weren't in their Porsche, how did you know they were a Porsche owner..............? :?

(In answer to the question, yes, when I've been walking or pre broken metatarsal, when running :oops: )

I experimented yesterday...

Three out of three waved / flashed lights :bye:

Reminded me of the VW Beetle scene back in '88 :thumbs:

No.

However, nearly every Defender driver waves back when I wave in my 110. I like it, wife's thinks it's a mad secret club all acknowledging each other's insanity for driving a defender.

:D

Porsche owners don't wave back because most of them are stuck up their tea towel holders !

I try to every time. I can only imagine that some don't as they might inadvertently wave to a Boxster or Cayman. I'll wave to any Porsche sports car. :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back