Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front seat retrims

Stimpy

Monza
Ok, so i was going to blag mine for now with some treatment and repair a bolster issue but i think i'd rather just get them done properly. They have been re conolised to death and feel like card and cracked to hell!

I've been highly recommended SouthBound trimmers and had a chat with David this morning. For actual fitting they are busy till 2016! So they must be good, but can supply the full outers in genuine Porsche leather and i get someone to fit them locally.

Now obviously there will be places cheaper than them but i still want quality work and wondered what experiences and prices folk could recommend?

My fronts are sport seats in Cobalt blue with perforated inners - which by all accounts is hard to match. For reference Southbounds website prices mine at £1,250 supply due to a surcharge on cobalt (£250) and perforations (£80).

I am based in Oxford.

Thanks

I have used Dave's services for years. I think he's pretty much sewn up the Porsche market (see what I did there) when it comes to authentic finishes and colours. I would say worth the money. Get them fitted locally to save time, or book it in and hope for a cancellation.

Chief said:
I have used Dave's services for years. I think he's pretty much sewn up the Porsche market (see what I did there) when it comes to authentic finishes and colours. I would say worth the money. Get them fitted locally to save time, or book it in and hope for a cancellation.

Good to know. I have to say he was very knowledgable and proffessional on our telecom and had been recommended highly by a few folk including Porsche Silverstone.

It's just the usual budget considerations. That said, i personally don't think his pricing is unreasonable especially if it's a full factory material and finish.

And i certainly won't be getting any of them £300 retrims that you hear of on this car....

Oh, and yes! Clever pun!

ras62 said:
https://www.lakewell.com/en/porsche/964

These covers seem great value compared to the process you have already..

Thanks. Listed only as black and by the time you add the trimmings they go up 50%.

I have mailed them to see if they can make a custom job. Good value with the exchange rate at the mo if they can...

Lawrence at LG Trimming based near Enfield did my whole retrim. Albeit mine is mental but the quality office work is excellent. He made up new carpet from scratch and trimmed the edges in the same hide.

Lawrence also did some tidying work on my 964 targa. However he let me down terribly when I arranged to have him retrim a classic fiat 500.

In my experience he has difficulty in turning down a job and then becomes vastly over booked . In the end he found it too difficult to give a straight answer to a straight question. A great shame as he is a really nice lad.

Very nice work :thumb:

Love the detailing on the front seats, which better match the loook of the standard rear seats. I always wondered why Porsche had the front and rear seat panels looking so different and considered somthing similar myself a while back :)

Chris

Thanks chaps.

I think i'll save up and use Dave next year to be honest...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back