Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 carrera 4s for sale? advice wanted !

Yeah, I just took the HO part out from the beginning of the link.

So what're your thoughts? Going to have a look at it?

only problem is i am in glasgow and miles away..,was just wondering if a forum members car?can a porsche warranty be added to this and what sort of cost would that involve???

I'd say that was overpriced (but probably about right for a respected dealer) and all the 'extra' cost appears to be in the bodykit that has been added.

Private I'd expect it to be c£30k. It does look very nice though but suspect when you come to move on the market will be small given colour/body kit.

It's got PSE so that's a big plus :grin:

Do your homework and have an independent inspection

so does the bodykit retract from the value????thought it was a4k factory option,if anything would add value :? just love the colour though :)

shindy said:
can a porsche warranty be added to this and what sort of cost would that involve???

Porsche Warranty can be added up to a 10 year old vehicle, so you could possibly get a 1 year one? Porsche need to carry out an inspection first, there'll almost certainly be a charge for that.

i think they will want anything they find correcting before they will take it on, and Porsche like everything to be 'Porsche'. That goes right down to wipers, battery etc being Porsche parts, tyres will also need to be 'N' typed etc etc, oh and probably no 'mods' if there are any. Cost I think is around £1800 for a year, plus any 'corrective' costs.

Think i'm right but no doubt someone else will be along to confirm or deny the above.

Ad says dealer is giving a 6 month warranty, I'd be looking to see how comprehensive that is, and if anyone else has experience of using them. Then maybe see about a decent 3rd party warranty to either follow on in month 7 or instead of, as this may give more latitude if its not a Porsche battery on there etc. You could also ask the dealer about putting a Porsche Warranty on for you.

shindy said:
so does the bodykit retract from the value????thought it was a4k factory option,if anything would add value :? just love the colour though :)
Aero kit are for some and not for others. I'd say it adds value as it looks stunning (I have Aero in Guards Red), solid colours are less common to black and silvers which can work for or against a seller. I always think yellow is a monday morning colour - you either love or hate opening the curtains to see it stood there! Right now I think it looks the nuts. If you want a black or silver one then you can be more choosy and drive a bargain - less so if you want yellow but you may not have as many buyers for the colour.
I'd say the dealer has it priced for a yellow lover so play it cool and tell him you dont mind it being yellow and its how it drives that's important...
Oh and... just noticed the front splitter needs replacing - common problem and why some don't like Aero - it scrapes. Get them to put a black plastic GT3 version on instead - it's cheaper and you will need to treat it like a consumable if you buy it..

Mine attached before and after (with door edge guard added). Some have stuck with painted splitter and added a clear run of door edge guard.

Attachments

• 20140602_114627_small_292.jpg
    20140602_114627_small_292.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 9,328
  • 20140715_130949_small_173.jpg
    20140715_130949_small_173.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9,328
I'm with Zingari regarding the price. Parkers has it as £28K, plus the additional of Aerokit and PSE is worth circa £2K. And I agree with Gollom as Speed Yellow can be a bit Marmite.

OPC Warranty can be added for £1,020 plus £169 for Porsche Assist (optional). You will need an inspection prior, which is around £180 plus VAT. Before warranty can be added corrections will need to be made. I would arrange for an inspection directly with the local OPC, with the agreement of the dealer. If something fails you can use it as bargaining to get 10% off.

The only thing it is missing, in terms of specification, is Cruise Control.

Hello Shindy,

Im no expert on these cars but I bought from Lawton Brook 10 days ago, I had to travel from London to see my car which was a Gen 11 Cayman S. PDK
From a price point of view, it seemed to compare pretty well with other dealers but from a warranty point of view, I would say the cover seems a bit more basic.
Having said that, the chap I spoke with there, said that Lawton Brook have such a good relationship with Autoprotect (who they use) that they would honour any genuine claim. He was quite adamant about that but I hope I don't need to find that out.

They are a really helpful bunch and were more than willing to take my car to the nearest Porsche garage for an inspection, (providing that I paid).

They wouldn't budge much on price, as they said they didn't have massive margins in the cars but the car was all that they said it would be and pretty spotless, well prepped and ready to go.

Good luck with it.

Edit: nice car btw, I would love that but for me its an everyday driver, I'm not brave enough for the yellow and would struggle with the manual box.

mark pearce said:
Google autoprotect as a warranty co
not reassuring
When there is feedback on Netmums for the family runabout being refused a claim, what chance has a Porker. :dont know:

Look into the other topics on the forum regarding warranties, as a grown man crying uncontrollably is not a pretty sight. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back