Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poll: Minimum post count to post in For sale thread?

minimum number of posts before you can start a 'For sale' thread?

• Yes, stop the flogging of newbies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not tonight, I'm washing my hair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree, its a shame for some new forum members that may go on to be a valuable contributor, but as with most things in life we are all tarred with the same brush.
there are a few long standing members here though, that are very clicky, and do not give newbies a fair chance, almost like bullying, its a shame because these people have a vast knowledge of the marque, but it gets soured by there arrogance.

im in favour of a minimum post count.

there are other technical solutions to this 'challenge'

Number plate sellers on the forum http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=100150 do get a bit of a roasting

and 99% of other sellers seem to be fine but it is an issue that we are looking into.....

The minimum post count rule for sales is common on some other forums

To be honest I don't think that there is enough of a problem to impose something like that at the moment. And as well as that, it can be fun playing with the trolls every once in a while... 8)

Disco said:
To be honest I don't think that there is enough of a problem to impose something like that at the moment. And as well as that, it can be fun playing with the trolls every once in a while... 8)

As much fun as it is, there are genuine people who do join and by chance have stuff to sell. Maybe because they had a 996 and bought a 997 for example.

We were all newbies once, I like to think of it as being a Learner driver, we were all one once too :wink:

I'd be more interested in seeing people with very low post counts being prevented from sending PMs to others. That would stop a lot of the trolling and prevent some from being ripped off.

Leave it as is for the entertainment value.

Law of the jungle prevails!

GT4 said:
Leave it as is for the entertainment value.

Law of the jungle prevails!

I agree with that, however the vast number of forum members have never ben in the jungle, and only live around the safety of the keyboard.

come the zombie apocalypse brother....................... :thumb:

I'm already stockpiling basic weapons and beans.

A minimum post count would mean we may miss out on a potential purchase.
There are some genuine good items for sale by low post people who have
looked for a specific [Porsche related] marketplace. Do you want to miss out
on those items because the seller hasn't been on the forum before?

I bought some Porsche Design specs from a person with just one post.
Brand new in the box with a receipt from Harrods.Absolute bargain!

I paid by paypal and made sure that the funds were NOT sent as a gift.

Well I voted no for 2 reasons....

Firstly, if someone posts something relevant at a fair rate then I think generally they get treated ok. They have to accept they have no history or "rep" so any sale would need to be considered a good deal as there would naturally be more perceived risk.

Secondly it would stop some genuine good deals. Believe it or not some people don't like / can't be bothered with forums, why restrict members from potentially good deals :dont know:
Also they may be members of several similar forums but post little on one eg I'm a member of an American bmw site that I had not posted on for 2 yeas until advertising some rare wheels I knew would be more popular on there this week. I phrased my advert accordingly and got nothing but positive comments from the yanks :eek:

Of course unofficially it would not be as much fun :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back