Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cost to fit..... Blistien PSS10 and damper kit

verinder1

Monza
Ok so i am getting quotes to fit new suspension to my 993 and so far only been quoted by 1 person. Sid at porsche torque..... £1200 (fitted and geo)

Is this not too much? I have not send a few emails out to see if this is normal. I thought i should be looking around £500. has anyone fitted suspension? how much did it cost.

any help/advice?

I would have thought c£500 fitted and 'may' include geo unless your go bespoke.

Give CoG a call as their prices are competitive. Sounds like you've bought the kit :dont know: as supply and fit will normally be a better deal

It seems a lot.

I did mine myself (with a bit of help from Chief and Waz) then got C of G to do the geo.

Centre Gravity will probably work out a little less than your quote (depending on any replacement/extra bits you may need when fitting). Approx 5hrs to fit kit plus c.£500 to corner weight and geo setup.. All told c.£1k. They're fitting my Walter Rohrl 64RS PSS10's soon....can't wait! :thumbs:

I got my suspension fitted four years ago (2011) so cannot help with prices. I did get Chris at COG to fit the PSS10s and he did a very good and thorough job.

With the dampers you can shop around to see where you can get them cheapest.

With the installation you are assuming on a 20 year old car all the suspension components have not perished. The top mounts (rubber) had perished on my car and needed to be replaced - This was an extra £324 (inc VAT). The installer will only find this out when you take it to the shop. Just keep that in mind.

I reckon about £600 plus Geo. It's a long job.

PSS10 owners: Is the softest setting softer than the standard Porsche dampers?

CoG fitted the PSS10s and just about everything else. They are probably the most experienced people to deal with, very pleased with the result.

The dude wants to know what sort of price is fair.

He's only got a Skyline and a 993 and a few number plates. Help him out, people.

Another vote for Center Gravity (sic). They will do the job properly, and at a reasonable price.

Kimbo said:
The dude wants to know what sort of price is fair.

He's only got a Skyline and a 993 and a few number plates. Help him out, people.

Ah, the 'myster shopper' for the plates :dont know: He'll get a chance to get some 'bargains' with the 'one post wonder' sellers :grin:

Just picked up my 993 from Chris at Center of Gravity. All I can say is Wow! His attention to detail is legendary. I have a KW RS Supersport on mine which was one of the first to be fitted to the 964 and 993. It had become tired over time and decided to send it back for some tlc. Chris was brilliant from the get go. He has my car on his website from the last time he set the suspension up and had all the info from before to set it up again. I wouldn't send my car anywhere else and that's driving over from Dublin. The car is like new. So, what I'm trying to say is, I f you're thinking of giving your 993 some tlc and an early Christmas present, you can't go wrong with Chris and Pete and family at CoG, worth every penny. Keep up the great work Chris and Pete.

verinder1 said:
Ok so i am getting quotes to fit new suspension to my 993 and so far only been quoted by 1 person. Sid at porsche torque..... £1200 (fitted and geo)

Is this not too much? I have not send a few emails out to see if this is normal. I thought i should be looking around £500. has anyone fitted suspension? how much did it cost.

any help/advice?

Out of interest, who did you go with in the end? ...and how did it stack up against your initial quote?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back