Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

New997buyer

What did you buy your 996 this week?

There's one of these threads on the 993 and 997 sub forums and I and others I've spoken to think they're brilliant. So why invent what you can replicate? :dont know:

Mine is.....2nd hand calipers, fitted alongside 2nd hand discs to allow me to get the originals refurbed (the paint was peeling). The discs will keep me going a while I think as the ones I had had already covered 17k in my use and were pretty worn when I got them.

Why not refurb the 2nd hand ones rather than fit twice? I can't explain. I just like things like that to be the ones that were fitted at the factory unless they're broken or actually need replacing. Not logical but feels right to me.

Took two hours to swap and just looking at how to get the originals refurbed. Had a quote and great customer service experience from Pro Caliper so looking like that's the route I'll go down.

Also getting my roof painted due to bird crap (I bought it with a small blister and its worsened - now envelope sized 'bald patch'). It's a complicated job because of the sun roof that needs dismantling and painting seperately. Also need front PU painted so it matches the rest from. Poor previous job and recently my dodgy parking.....

I'll post pics of all jobs when finished :thumb:

Good thread!

Most recent a carbon dipped centre console, horseshoe and side air vents from a forum member. Looks really good fitted and breaks up the grey leather interior with great contrast so very pleased and also gets rid of the quite marked up grey centre console at about a tenth of the price of real carbon :lol:

cheers.

giles.

New set of stainless wheel bolts.
My originals were beginning to corrode badly on the alloy collars and where more rusty than black.
Now they're nice and shiny :thumb:

1. Renovo soft top 3 part kit (£35) - not arrived yet but will post pics when I use it.
2. 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport CUP 295/30 R18 94Y (£216) - in storage until my rears are impersonating Yul Brynner & Telly Savalas.
3. Service items ready for service next month - Mobil 1, oil, air, fuel filters (£116).
4. Can of alloy wheel paint for my rusty nuts (£6). Did job yesterday - time taken to remove, rub down, respray, dry & refit - 80 minutes. Can't decide now whether to lacquer them or leave as is - thoughts please?

20150329_111801_zpsrx6pvwjh.jpg

Edit: Just found a before shot

20141119_201043_zpsb083469f.jpg

Edit: Next job will be to wire up 2nd fog light so both work.

gilessav said:
Good thread!

Most recent a carbon dipped centre console, horseshoe and side air vents from a forum member. Looks really good fitted and breaks up the grey leather interior with great contrast so very pleased and also gets rid of the quite marked up grey centre console at about a tenth of the price of real carbon :lol:

cheers.

giles.

Ooohhhhh I was looking through windows of other 996's at Porsche Torque as my calipers / discs were being swapped, and I was drooling over silver and carbon fibre trim :thumb:

Pics please if you get a chance :?: :worship:

alex yates said:
2. 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport CUP 295/30 R18 94Y (£216) - in storage until my rears are impersonating Yul Brynner & Telly Savalas.

4. Can of alloy wheel paint for my rusty nuts (£6). Did job yesterday - time taken to remove, rub down, respray, dry & refit - 80 minutes. Can't decide now whether to lacquer them or leave as is - thoughts please?

:floor: on point 2.

On point 4 I don't know :dont know: I like the idea of Pickse's S/S ones...... :?:

New996buyer said:
On point 4 I don't know :dont know: I like the idea of Pickse's S/S ones...... :?:

Yeah snap - I like the idea of stainless but the respray matches the wheel. Would like to see a photo of the stainless ones fitted (please Pickse).

About time you guys got one of these started :thumb:

It will run and run .............

alex yates said:
1. Renovo soft top 3 part kit (£35) - not arrived yet but will post pics when I use it.

Hi Alex,

i'd be interested in how you get on with the Renovo - need to do something with my roof and quickly; looks embarrasing!

Just bought a brand new set of pucker Porsche mats from my local OPC; they arrive on Tuesday - £157 for the full set. Just need to get my TIPEC discount off them... :thumb:

Plans:
1. Full valet in the next 2 weeks
2. I have my eye on a new private plate
3. At some point i'm going to sort out the in-car phone/entertainment. Still trawling lots of threads and will need to come back on here with some questions and refloat some threads others have started on a similar subject...but this could be expensive!!

Osh

My 2015 list is

1. Zunsport grills
2. New front splitter
3. Hartech low temp stat
4. MOT passed no issues

And to do

Switchable exhaust , paint wheel bell , another full valet

jonttt said:
About time you guys got one of these started :thumb:

It will run and run .............

Well if we hadn't had other matters to sort we might have gotten round to it sooner :wink:

But agree, splendid concept and happily stolen from you! It'll no doubt be a great help to all existing and new owners :thumb:

8.5 and 12" GT2 mk1 wheels with virtually new PS2's....... Love em...

Darren.

In the last 2 weeks, I've fitted an alcantara steering wheel, courtesy of Royal Steering wheels, spruced up my "big reds" with a good clean and a coat of fresh lacquer, and to top it all, fitted some sexy RSS spacers, 7mm front, 15mm rear and re fitted my summer wheels. I've got Easter week off, so I'll be giving it it's annual spring clean and polish, treat the leather to a good clean and cream, and getting some more miles on the clock. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back