Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ken at Nine Excellence lied to me......

IMI A

Paul Ricard
9e 28 at VMAX Stealth

60-186 mph in 24 secs in slightly damp conditions = 0-186 mph in 27 secs assuming 0-60 mph 3 secs (we weren't launching hard for obvious reasons)

On a flat road the 997.1 turbo 9e 28 package is easily good enough for 25-26 secs as Brunters is on a slight incline and not the best surface. The cars easily two second quicker than Ken quotes lol! He also says 9e 28 has 640 bhp but quite a few Brunters veterans say that you need 720 bhp to break 200 mph at Brunters.

The package has been improved with IPD Competition 82mm Plenum and GT3 throttle body to be fair since it was first put on the market. Perhaps time to call it the 9e 26....

We weren't using full track today but she still achieved a top speed of 202.3 mph GPS verified within1.5 miles driven by Chris Mann on his own. I was only v.slightly slower two up at 201.7mph :D

Interesting reading and it would be good to compare the performance against my 9e25 which lives at 9e whilst I'm abroad. Sure Ken would take it out for a comparison spin if yr about?

If not a few of my old CSL mates are planning to do either Brands GP or Silverstone GP at the end of May if yr free. I'd like to see the difference in the conversions! They sound quite similar.

Bealo said:
Interesting reading and it would be good to compare the performance against my 9e25 which lives at 9e whilst I'm abroad. Sure Ken would take it out for a comparison spin if yr about?

If not a few of my old CSL mates are planning to do either Brands GP or Silverstone GP at the end of May if yr free. I'd like to see the difference in the conversions! They sound quite similar.

Pretty sure yours is good for 23 secs pal. 3-4 secs is a lifetime as you know when at VMAX! I'll try and be at the VMAX in Wales in July if I'm maybe in the UK. 5 miles of smooth tarmac. I've seen yours in the car park at 9e a few times :thumbs:

IMI A said:
Bealo said:

Pretty sure yours is good for 23 secs pal. 3-4 secs is a lifetime as you know when at VMAX! I'll try and be at the VMAX in Wales in July if I'm maybe in the UK. 5 miles of smooth tarmac. I've seen yours in the car park at 9e a few times :thumbs:

I'm jealous as I've not been in the UK when vmax has been on. The most I managed was a gps 190mph in Germany and tbh that was quick enough in traffic.
My car is part of the furniture at 9e lol but I'm happy with our arrangement and Ken and the team gave me the car I wanted.

Travel around Europe in comfort

Do a 10 sec quarter. (Not quite there yet as best is 11.1 ) my excuse was it was a hot summers day and intake temps were high.

Hold its own on track which it does and it surprises quite a few more modern cars.

Loving your car by the way and the wheels really sets the car off and makes it stand out.

Unfortunately I'm toying with the idea of selling due to lack of use but I'm sure that will change after spending my month in UK in it.

If I don't see you on track enjoy your next vmax day :thumbs:

Hi Imran. Found the thread! What an awesome day and your car is an amazing stealth car. Did just what it said on the tin! Have you seen any official results as yet?
Still buzzing!

Bealo said:
IMI A said:
Bealo said:

I'm jealous as I've not been in the UK when vmax has been on. The most I managed was a gps 190mph in Germany and tbh that was quick enough in traffic.
My car is part of the furniture at 9e lol but I'm happy with our arrangement and Ken and the team gave me the car I wanted.

Do a 10 sec quarter. (Not quite there yet as best is 11.1 ) my excuse was it was a hot summers day and intake temps were high.

Hold its own on track which it does and it surprises quite a few more modern cars.

Loving your car by the way and the wheels really sets the car off and makes it stand out.

Unfortunately I'm toying with the idea of selling due to lack of use but I'm sure that will change after spending my month in UK in it.

I'm happy to take yours to Wales next time with the 9e team and VBOX her if you're not around for the event in Wales mate. 5 miles of super smooth tarmac is not to be missed. Chris Mann was with me as a guest and he's been dragging at events many times - following him to Brunters I could see the fellow can peddle - very economical style of driving which tickled me - hardly ever on the brakes in his suv - in fact if he'd been in my car I'm sure he'd never have touched the brakes. I let him have my car for many runs no qualms at all and it was him that managed the 202.3 mph which beat the 9e 28 which was at Brunters last year.

Having said that we did see a Koenigsegg lunch its engine and a GTR's engine blew up. These things do happen even to Porsches but sad that your car just sits around 9e's car park. She want to be set free!

ChrisT70 said:
Hi Imran. Found the thread! What an awesome day and your car is an amazing stealth car. Did just what it said on the tin! Have you seen any official results as yet?
Still buzzing!

Hi Chris. Good day out! Good luck with the 993. No results seen but I'm pleased she ran so well and fault free. Amazing how stable and bullet proof she felt all day. :bye:

:hand:

I told you it would do the 0-300kph in 28 seconds and yes Brunters is about 2 seconds slower compared to better road surfaces.

We work on the principle that a customer can put a vbox in his car and do the number after a couple of attempts. It is guaranteed - you get what you pay for..that simple.

All of our packages are slightly faster in our own testing but I have to cater for conditions, drivers etc.

Always best to under promise and over deliver. :D - never once had anyone come back to me and said it doesn't make the numbers.

Glad you enjoyed your day out

Ken

Thanks Ken :thumbs:

Chaps if you have a 997.1 turbo and want to liven her up think about getting yourselves down to Nine Excellence for a 9e 28 power kit! Highly recommended!! :thumb:

VMAX Stealth Results

:D

Attachments

• img_0332_155.png
    img_0332_155.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 5,357
IMI A said:
Bealo said:
IMI A said:
Bealo said:

I'm happy to take yours to Wales next time with the 9e team and VBOX her if you're not around for the event in Wales mate. 5 miles of super smooth tarmac is not to be missed. Chris Mann was with me as a guest and he's been dragging at events many times - following him to Brunters I could see the fellow can peddle - very economical style of driving which tickled me - hardly ever on the brakes in his suv - in fact if he'd been in my car I'm sure he'd never have touched the brakes. I let him have my car for many runs no qualms at all and it was him that managed the 202.3 mph which beat the 9e 28 which was at Brunters last year.

Having said that we did see a Koenigsegg lunch its engine and a GTR's engine blew up. These things do happen even to Porsches but sad that your car just sits around 9e's car park. She want to be set free!

Ken keeps mentioning 9e Doing a private day and I know I would gladly chip in but it's upto Ken, I think he said When Henriks car was 9e25 spec it did 205-207 mph at brunters so would like to think mine would do similar.

Be good to get some car together and do some event? I'm in UK 22 may - 18 June

Bit slower at VMAX Stealth today. Only 197 mph. 0-60mph 3.6 secs. 0-100 mph 7.7 secs and 60-130 mph in 8 secs flat. Other 9e 28 which belongs to Ozan was very quick and beat me today and managed 202 mph :D

Will have to send it back to Ken when he has some time to see what maybe can be done to make her a bit quicker. Tailwinds must have helped for sure at the last meet but the other 9e 28 still kicked butt today. Well done Oz!

I tell you what though a Merc SLR 722 only just beat me by a length and I thought I had him. Just pipped me at the line! Maybe if Chris Mann was driving might have been a different story :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back