Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Warranty - thank goodness

2607douglas

Finally got my baby back from OPC West London. It has been there a month having the cam case replaced because it was cracked. Fortunately, I have the Porsche warranty as it needed £12k of parts & labour. I know there are mixed views on warranties on this forum but in this instance the investment has paid off. :thumbs:

Waiting for the sun to shine so I can take the roof down and see how the new engine performs. 8)

2607douglas said:
Finally got my baby back from OPC West London. It has been there a month having the cam case replaced because it was cracked. Fortunately, I have the Porsche warranty as it needed £12k of parts & labour. I know there are mixed views on warranties on this forum but in this instance the investment has paid off. :thumbs:

Waiting for the sun to shine so I can take the roof down and see how the new engine performs. 8)

Ooooer, what year and how many miles has it done?

2607douglas said:
Fortunately, I have the Porsche warranty as it needed £12k of parts & labour.

Glad to hear it.

Do other warranties cover things like this? Like RSJ's, Paragon's, 911 Virgin's etc?

Kimbo said:
2607douglas said:
Fortunately, I have the Porsche warranty as it needed £12k of parts & labour.

Glad to hear it.

Do other warranties cover things like this? Like RSJ's, Paragon's, 911 Virgin's etc?

My 911virgin warranty covers every single item for the first 3 months and then every part of the engine,gearbox and ecu for the following 9 months.

I can confidently say that they are absolutely good for it as well as I have copies of invoices for preparation work on my car which would honestly bleach your temples!!

That said an OPC warranty is unbeatable by anyone's standard..

Gen 1 2005 registered model. I have had it since April 2013 and bought it with 35k on the clock. It is only at 43k now but had this recent issue, replacement clutch last summer and replacement tappets (also under warranty) a year ago. Despite all of this, still do not regret buying. This was my first 911 and I absolutely love it - brings a small to my face each time I drive it. :D

2607douglas said:
This was my first 911 and I absolutely love it - brings a smile to my face each time I drive it. :D

Brilliant approach to 911 ownership. :grin:

Shows the absolute value of an OPC warranty, even as the car approaches its 10th year.

2607douglas said:
Gen 1 2005 registered model. I have had it since April 2013 and bought it with 35k on the clock. It is only at 43k now but had this recent issue, replacement clutch last summer and replacement tappets (also under warranty) a year ago. Despite all of this, still do not regret buying. This was my first 911 and I absolutely love it - brings a small to my face each time I drive it. :D

I had my 2005 C2S rebuilt under OPC warranty and that came to around £12,000. Don't forget to break the engine in. The most common advice I found, was to not take it over 4,000 rpm for 2000 miles and then get the engine oil changed. I've just done this and had the oil replaced with Millers Nanodrive 5W40. It was a long wait, but I'd rather have all the parts bed in nicely, than bits of metal floating around in the engine.

Oh, how I've waited to hear it scream!

Thanks - good advice. I may have to take the car on a few long leisurely drives.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back