Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hooray car back from OPC...Boo car attacked by a lawnmower!

Andyvvc

Nurburgring
I managed to get all of 50m from OPC Notts in my car. Sat at the lights. Chap on the grass next to me with ear defenders on and a ruddy large lawnmower cutting the grass.....

....i thought nothing of it. Then: WHACK WHACK two stones have flown out of the mower into the passenger side door :roll:

Complete accident - not the guys fault. Managed to get the name of the local company he works for and have already spoken to them over the phone. Seems like the fact that i had just left Porsche *probably* means I'll get the bill paid for by the company the guy works for. (ie they cant dispute the damage because Porsche had just given it a clean bill of health mechanically and cosmetically)

Door isnt dented - but two chips have appeared with lacquer and paint missing. Pics being sent to my bodyshop tonight.

So, if you are reading this MisterCorn - DON'T drive your car out of OPC Notts next week if the bloke with the lawnmower is lying in wait! :frustrated:

Complete accident - not the guys fault.

Whether it was the guy's fault or his employer's, it was someone's fault.

Saw a similar 'accident' a few weeks ago ... local council ride-on mower doing verges, cyclist hit by stone so hard it made him lose control of his bike ...

Not a lover of Health & Safety, but these mowers are dangerous.

I always stay away from lawnmowers !!! They can cause serious damages.

Re: Hooray car back from OPC...Boo car attacked by a lawnmow

Andyvvc said:
I managed to get all of 50m from OPC Notts in my car. Sat at the lights. Chap on the grass next to me with ear defenders on and a ruddy large lawnmower cutting the grass.....

....i thought nothing of it. Then: WHACK WHACK two stones have flown out of the mower into the passenger side door :roll:

Complete accident - not the guys fault. Managed to get the name of the local company he works for and have already spoken to them over the phone. Seems like the fact that i had just left Porsche *probably* means I'll get the bill paid for by the company the guy works for. (ie they cant dispute the damage because Porsche had just given it a clean bill of health mechanically and cosmetically)

Door isnt dented - but two chips have appeared with lacquer and paint missing. Pics being sent to my bodyshop tonight.

So, if you are reading this MisterCorn - DON'T drive your car out of OPC Notts next week if the bloke with the lawnmower is lying in wait! :frustrated:

Thanks for the tip, but I am hoping he will be finished before Monday night.

MC

Not relevant to your situation as it is just a fluke accident. :frustrated: Damm poor luck!

I sometimes strim the banks at my parents house, these are next to the road which is 3 miles dead straight with no trees. When i am doing the edge i look both ways and mearly strim away, if i see a car coming i check the other lane to see if theres anything coming, if there is i generally stop as they have nowhere to go to avoid the stones, however the amount of people who will not move over an inch on a totally clear road is amazing.... Nearly as amazing as the noise of the stones bouncing of the side of there cars is.... :hand:

Cheers guys - had a call yesterday from the chap who owns the business involved. Seemed genuinely sorry and has asked that i forward the invoice to him when i get it so he can reimburse me.

I spent 20 mins looking around the car yesterday for chips etc. I had a full front-end re-spray done 6000 miles ago and now have a grand total of 6 chips that need sorting out.....3 of which were lawnmower inflicted. I'm clearly not driving the car hard enough! lol

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back