Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo values. - Latest.

T8

Super Moderator
For the first time in 3 years the cheapest sub-60k mile 996 Turbo advertised in the AutoTrader and PH Classifieds is over £30k.

Age really doesn't seem to be reflected in asking as there are 2000/2001 cars being advertised for more money than very similar 2003/2004 cars.

Understandably there's a big premium being asked for X50 cars and manuals are still dearer than Tips.

With early 997T prices now bottoming out at c£35k I can't see them going much higher for a while.

Perhaps now is the time for me to sell mine. :dont know:

Never a better time than the present Terry.
But I'm holding mine, not for investment but because I enjoy it too much.

They will keep going up.....

quattrosteph said:
They will keep going up.....

Indeed - Austin Allegro's are worth between £3k - £6k these days, not bad considering they were £1200 new!.

:hand:

alex yates said:

Hence me stating "sub-60k mile" :frustrated:

60k is about the average mileage for a 996T advertised.

There's lots of leggy cars around for below £26k and there's several lower than average mileage cars around for £40k+.

The range in asking prices has always been there but asking prices for high mileage cars are where average mileage cars were 2 years ago.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Indeed - Austin Allegro's are worth between £3k - £6k these days

Do you really think so. :floor:

I can think of zillions of cars I'd have for that money before buying one.

T8 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:

Just search the classic car ads Terry.

I think I might have to have another valuation done on mine - 2002 X50 Manual at 31.5k miles.

I was told by Insurance that many of these cars are being re-valued mid-year and annually instead of two-yearly.

Hmmm...... wonder what mine's worth now :?:

Chris_in_the_UK said:
T8 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:

Just search the classic car ads Terry.

I'm not doubting the asking prices. I'm questioning whether any car enthusiast would consider such an awful car being worth that.

T8 said:
I'm not doubting the asking prices. I'm questioning whether any car enthusiast would consider such an awful car being worth that.

Can one use 'Allegro' and 'car enthusiast together? :floor:

T8 said:
alex yates said:

There's lots of leggy cars around for below £26k and there's several lower than average mileage cars around for £40k+.

The range in asking prices has always been there but asking prices for high mileage cars are where average mileage cars were 2 years ago.

Therein lies the point I think - the gulf in prices between cars which have a difference of @50k miles is disproportionate IMO. How many of the low mileage cars advertised are selling at the huge asking prices?

£50k can get you an extremely tidy 997T.... it doesn't really add up that there are so many 996T advertised at £50k+

Still, time will tell, and a good salesman will always be able to sell ice to an Eskimo :frustrated:

There was a black/black manual with 96k and comprehensive service history on autotrader yesterday for £23k at a trader and sold within hours subject to ppi (I wasn't quick enough :sad: )
Demand at the lower end of the prices seems very strong to me.

X4AJRN said:
T8 said:
alex yates said:

Therein lies the point I think - the gulf in prices between cars which have a difference of @50k miles is disproportionate IMO. How many of the low mileage cars advertised are selling at the huge asking prices?

£50k can get you an extremely tidy 997T.... it doesn't really add up that there are so many 996T advertised at £50k+

Still, time will tell, and a good salesman will always be able to sell ice to an Eskimo :frustrated:

I see what you are saying but with the age of these cars now reaching 16 years old, lower mileage cars are becoming few and far between. If someone really wants a 996T with low miles how difficult will it be to find? and how much are they willing to pay? This is the deciding factor. We've already seen a vast reduction of the amount of cars available on the open market - demand vs supply is the clear reason for price increases. I'd like to think the 996 Turbo is different enough from its previous & future generations to be sought after in its own right rather than just 'not as good as a 997T'. In another ten years neither car will be the pinnacle of performance so any advantage (if there is any) will be irrelevant. It all comes down to personal taste

This sums it up for me pretty much across the board (copied from a different thread but relevant).

Shurv said:
Who cares what happens to prices. Buy what you can afford and enjoy the thing. That's what the majority have done on here. Like shares, prices go up and down on a monthly basis, it only matters if you are buying or selling. If you are owning and driving, then it doesn't matter. My thoughts are that at some stage there will be a price realignment, by for now things are rising. Remember, E types were hitting 6 figures 2 years ago, they are not now. They rose as everyone was talking them up, then it went a bit quiet and they fell back to more realistic levels. I feel the same will happen to 911's of all flavours. There are many of them about. Some rare GT models may stay high, but they will be the exception. Not sure what all the fuss about prices is about tbh. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back