Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying from Europe ...

anawaz

Montreal
Has anyone here purchased Macan from europe?.

Rate is amazing at the moment :thumbs:

i've been thinking a lot about this and leaving towards a mahogony turbo :D

the other point i wanted to add is that lead times seem to be coming down. called up OPC few days ago, who advised production numbers going up due to demand.

hopefully, in the not-too-distant future, we'll all have one (or two), each 8)

certainly worth doing, but the problem can be by the car arrives the rate may have changed

I'd wait - the ECB started quantitive easing this week. That ought to take the Euro lower still...

911UK said:
certainly worth doing, but the problem can be by the car arrives the rate may have changed

Nothing to stop you buying the currency at the same time as the car to fix the effective rate though? (Though you may need either an overseas bank account or an FX broker to do that of course).

I've fired off a few emails to dealers in Munich to see if they will supply RHD cars.

Seems you need to get export plates and Insurance in Germany from a local government office (couple of hundred £ and a couple of hours), get some UK Insurance on the chassis number and drive it home.

On a new car you need to pay VAT in the UK (20%), once you have evidence of this you can reclaim your 19% german VAT back from the supplying dealer.

DVLA will need a "certificate of conformity" and a small fee to register the car in the UK.

Be aware of first year tax disc costs on big engined cars.

after much thought sadly i've gone off the idea of acquiring Macan, looks too similar to Cayenne.

ordering 2015 C63 Wagon instead.

ciao and all the best.

nearly 1yr down the road and now back on the hunt ...

still very few around I note :-/

prices still same !

If still thinking about sourcing from Europe I'd wait until the UK are confirmed to remain in Europe. Although I'm not a gambler at all, I do often refer to the betting agencies as a barometer for political results. Theyre usually not far off the mark.As it stands were 4/11 to remain in the EU so expect a sharp jump in EX rates once confirmed at the referendum.

Ended up buying from UK OPC. Car being delivered this Friday.

Pics to follow, stay tuned ...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back