Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brakes

carrera8000

Trainee
Hi
I have had my carrera s for a week now and surprised how poor the brakes are, there doesn't seem to be any bite even stopping at low speeds. Discs look ok and plenty wear on pads. Is this normal for a high performance car?

Gwyn.

Have you tried hard braking? Once you have then I think you will realise how good they are. They are under servo'd for light braking but push the pedal with a bit of urgency and your eye balls will try to leave your head :lol:

Alfaian said:
Have you tried hard braking? Once you have then I think you will realise how good they are. They are under servo'd for light braking but push the pedal with a bit of urgency and your eye balls will try to leave your head :lol:
Thanks mate :thumbs:

I had the same thoughts on all of the 997's I test drove and even my own initially. After a hard drive, the brakes became what I expected of them and have remained that way... Before hand, they actually scared me at how poor they were, I can only assume the cars were all used for pottering in traffic.

MarkGolf said:
I had the same thoughts on all of the 997's I test drove and even my own initially. After a hard drive, the brakes became what I expected of them and have remained that way... Before hand, they actually scared me at how poor they were, I can only assume the cars were all used for pottering in traffic.

Cheers Mark, just weren't sure if brakes were performing as they should.
Just a case of getting used to them I suppose.

carrera8000 said:
Alfaian said:
No worries, where abouts are you in s.wales?
swansea

Not too far from me. I'm up on the heads of the valleys. Have you thought of where your going to take the car for servicing etc? I use a good Indy in cardiff I would recommend :thumb:

I have the exact same issue...

I have now changed the front disc and pads and have had the oil bled 2 times..

They just cannot be this bad!

I have a sticky calliper - I am sure - will be checking this out soon as well..

However shite initial feel - and at times I have to press - let go and press again to get them working!!

not impressed

911Walla - I had an issue with my brakes when I first got the car, sometimes the pedal felt like a block of wood and the car felt like it would nor slow down. Turns out I had a split in the vacuum pipe from the Tandem Pump. If you are having brake issues and already done pads/discs fluid, I'd look look around the Tandem pump/vacuum hose area and make sure everything is ok. (Tandem pump rusts away on these cars and provides the vauum for the brake servo).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back