Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What do people think of this 997 GT3 ?

Pip1968

Barcelona
http://www.hendonwaymotors.co.uk/details.asp?StockID=10475

A yellow GT3 which seems to have been painted up like a racecar but with little in the way of mechanical enhancements that the decals might suggest. Anyone know it?

Pip
PORSCHE 911 (997) GT3 SPEED YELLOW - 2007
Manual
48,000 Miles
Speed Yellow Coachwork
Black Leather Interior
Porsche Stability Management System
Porsche Active Suspension module
Porsche Communication Module
Satellite navigation
Telephone Module
Recaro Sports Seats
Chrono pack
Sports Exhaust
Alcantara Headlining
Roll Cage
Yellow Seat Belt
19" GT3 Alloy wheel
Full porsche Service History

Attachments

• porsche_911_gt3_997_gt3_s1557583_1_101.jpg
    porsche_911_gt3_997_gt3_s1557583_1_101.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 3,495
I suggest you employ extreme caution when dealing with xxx xxxxx xxxx that is Hendon Way Motors, especially xxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx. Check out the many, many threads on PH regarding their dubious business practices. I don't think you'll find anyone putting in a good word for them. Let's just say they've got form. I had dealings back in the 70's and nothing's changed...

BTW, they probably don't own the car & it may be tricky getting to actually see it & more particularly any documentation.

x = MOD EDIT.

Eeeek!

What on earth has happened to that poor car.

I think if u peeled all those scheit graphics off it it would not be a bad car.

Lose the Halfords mats as well. They are dreadful.

Why the fxuk do people do that to a car?

Virgin racing is hardly a great racing brand either.

That gridded floor will be extremely slippery with shoes on - dangerous I'd say.

Otherwise I quite like it! Reminds me of Mike Wilds' 997 GT2.

Chris.

spyderman said:
Otherwise I quite like it! Reminds me of Mike Wilds' 997 GT2.

...Which is actually owned by Dave Summers. Dave had it wrapped in Mike's signature yellow & black paint scheme as a tribute to Mike's 50th year in racing.

The OP could just google HWM's reputation, although that could take down the entire internet, so perhaps better to restrict to just NXI's posts.

in answer to the OP

keep-calm-and-run-forest-run-19.png

Oh that has put paid to that then. Personally I am not sure that I could drive a yellow car anyway. I was offered one when I first came on here, Sundeep's (?) I think so would aim to get it resprayed in Porsche's Kermit Green much to the horror of many on here I am sure.

Pip

Wise decision to give that car a miss. Wouldn't touch that dealer with the proverbial barge-pole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back