Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picking up my 997 on Saturday

Six speed

Wanted to say hello to everyone and looking forward to being back on here again, although my account had closed as not been on here for along while..

I used to own a 99 996 C4 and looking forward to picking up 09 997 C4s.

Saturday can't come soon enough! :)

Only 3 more sleeps - bit like waiting for Christmas as a kid I bet.

Colour, spec? And of course it never happened if we don't see photos !! :thumbs:

Sounds awesome - I love that feeling of getting a new car :D :thumb:

I know, difference between men and boys is the price of there toys! I'm even sacrificing one months worth of road tax, just so I can have it for the weekend.

997.2 c4s 2009, 24,000, sport chrono, manual (very important to me and has taken some finding for the Right one) Aqua Blue, 19" carrera classics, PCM 3 with sat nav, Bose, locking diff, cruise.. These are the stand out features.

Pics to follow :thumb:

good luck mate
where in North Essex are you?
Colchester?

Some pics of my new toy! :)

How are people listening to music? I can plug a usb stick in that seems to work but all my musics on my iPhone 6, I can plug this in using the Lightening adapter cable and this works great but does not charge the phone at the same time.

Are there any other options?

Or do I need to copy all my music to a usb stick or buy an iPod.

PCM 3. With Nav

Attachments

• img_0834_102.jpg
    img_0834_102.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 6,970
  • img_0833_172.jpg
    img_0833_172.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 6,970
Great colour and a very nice looking car. Enjoy :thumb:

Very nice 'SS' :thumb:

I can't wait to get my new toy on the road tomorrow. :thumb:

The interior comparison is interesting. I thought it looked different to mine. I've just discovered that mine's got the optional 'Thicker Steering Wheel with Leather Covered Airbag'.

From 911 Virgin :?:
Looks nice :thumb:

Thanks everyone,
Been feeling unwell since picking it up yesterday so hardly done any driving.. Typical.

@T8 mine too has the optional thicker steering wheel, although not having a normal one to compare against cant really tell the difference.

@Slayer correct :)

Any thoughts on the music question?

Six speed said:
Any thoughts on the music question?

I also have a 997.2, with bose and universal Audio interface, I initially used my iphone 6, with the Lightning adapter plugged into the porsche iphone cable and found that it did charge my phone so not sure what's happening with yours?

I have since moved on to an iPod touch which is permanently stored in the car as I found the constant removal / insertion of the phone an annoyance, especially with the minimal space in there with the adapter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back