Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's going on with the Turbos !!!!!?

quattrosteph

Barcelona
Been a while I didn't have a look on Autotrader and PH .........what's going on with the Turbo prices ? On the rise big time . I was planning to sell mine at spring time to get a serious track car but I think I better keeping it for a while !! :D

All 'like for like' cars seemed to have risen in price by 15-20% in the last 2 years from their early 2013 'low'.

I'm not sure where they'll go this year. :dont know:

Surely, at least in the short term, they wont start fetching more than a 997T. :eek:

There is a possibility that the 996 turbo will overtake 997 turbo price wise as I think they are being viewed as a modern classic with an enthusiast following.

I also believe that this forum has affected the prices in this country.

Paddle of rebuke served on any 996 turbo price threads. A rule set by a certain former 996 turbo owner who's now to be seen in a very nice and shiny GT3......... :whistle:

e860486ecc8e3d9e0ce4b8b0c4189c43_zpsfe59c863.jpg

At this rate I will soon be able to sell mine for what it has cost me, including upgrades.

MC

The paddle of rebuke served on me is null and void as I don't have a horse in this race. :hand:

The reality is that good clean well maintained 996 Turbo cars with full service history are getting scarce. Throw in a manual gearbox and it becomes more scarce. Throw in X50 or Turbo S and even scarcer again.

Then there is mileage. Whilst the engines are good for six figure mileage, the trade still uses mileage to assess value. So if I add a low mileage as a criterion to the above list, then it becomes more scarce to find such a car.

And of course as supply dries up but demand goes up, the net effect is an increase in prices that will likely increase in gradient over time.

So for sure I'm holding mine even though I'd like a Fezza - but I'll have to wait till I can afford both to keep them absolutely tip-top.

So what's my car? Well the signature says it all - bar mileage. Now on 31k miles with full OPC history (and NO I don't want to start a debate and arguments about OPC versus Indy's cos I use both - OPC for servicing and indy for anything outside of services and that's what I choose. I don't inflict one is better than the other on anybody).

I have a string of people wanting me to give 'em first refusal. But they'll be waiting a long time I think!

New996buyer said:

This is a picture of some goalposts. Oh hang on.....someone's moved them..... :hand:
:floor: :floor: :floor:

cheshire911 said:
So what's my car? Well the signature says it all - bar mileage. Now on 31k miles with full OPC history (and NO I don't want to start a debate and arguments about OPC versus Indy's cos I use both - OPC for servicing and indy for anything outside of services and that's what I choose. I don't inflict one is better than the other on anybody).

I agree with all of that but hang on a sec......doesn't your's have the 'Suicide Savannah' interior.......? Surely that knocks £10k off at the very least....... :wink:

EDIT whoops you daisy, missed a off bracket there :oops:

It may surprise you to know that the most desired colour choice in a Ferrari is Rosso with Crema interior. But this a Porsche forum? Well that fact also aligns with graphic design principles that says dark exteriors go best with light interiors. Which is why my Slver E220 Merc has a black interior.

So the light interior of savannah complements the dark exterior Lapis Blue and may explian why people who see my car in the flesh and in some photos I posted last year like the colour scheme - which is always going to be a personal thing.

I know that when the time comes to sell, buyers can't be choosers in a restricted and finite market for good clean, manual box 996 turbos. The overall mileage, history, specification and condition may mean someone overlooks the car for a different colour - then goes and buys a knackered heap! But at least he can console himself it was the right colour knackered heap.

Can't be too bad though in Savannah - the insurers have it on an agreed valuation basis and that's risen very nicely since I bought it in August 2012. Hell even OPC Chester love my car and the colour scheme - and NO they don't want to try and get me to part-ex my car. Just good comments and feedback from Steve and hi team about how nice and well-kept and maintained my car is - and that colour - its lovely they remark!

I also see prices rising, usually on PH but I also see the same cars week after month and so on still unsold.

what this sucks of is the "I'm in no hurry to sell" syndrome where the seller puts unrealistic prices based on what others have priced their cars at.

Then those same vendors might complain about time wasters phoning and low balling them or tyre kickers coming to call.

It is all a waiting game, waiting for the one person who really needs to buy and is prepared to pay the price. No different to any other marque really.

So far the only car I have seen that I would go along and see "with intention" is the metallic green with savannah trim tiptronic which is being offered for private sale yet appears in the showroom photo's on 2 dealer websites, so I have crossed that one off my list which is good as it has everything going against it colour trim gearbox and price

Do like the look of Savannah, but not sure I could live with it (the wife certainly couldn't).

Re the 'green' car, don't dismiss it, it's a superb colour in the flesh. :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back