Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parking sensors

carrera8000

Trainee
Hi all
Can you fit rear Parking sensors retrospectively to look as good as oem, if so could someone recommend please.

Many thanks

Gwyn.

As far as fitting them into a bumper yes. For instance I just had a GT2RS bumper to my 997 Turbo. That particular bumper never came with the holes for parking sensors. The paint shop that painted it simply cut the holes into it. And bonded the brackets from my old bumper to hold the sensors.

As far as the rest of fitting it to the car I have no idea how that part would go.

you can retrofit the original Porsche Park Assist system - but you need wiring diagrams to route wiring around car and a new loom for the rear. Ive had it done on mine.

Not sure I would recommend aftermarket ones, wont help the value of our car.

isysman said:
As far as fitting them into a bumper yes. For instance I just had a GT2RS bumper to my 997 Turbo. That particular bumper never came with the holes for parking sensors. The paint shop that painted it simply cut the holes into it. And bonded the brackets from my old bumper to hold the sensors.

As far as the rest of fitting it to the car I have no idea how that part would go.
:thumb:

monster said:
you can retrofit the original Porsche Park Assist system - but you need wiring diagrams to route wiring around car and a new loom for the rear. Ive had it done on mine.

:thumb:

My wife will be driving my 997 (as we now only have 1 parking space) she definitely needs parking sensors.

Spoke to Porsche West London, they would not retro fit to a 997.they recommended auto audio. Taking it to them next week. £390 (back only) . Will let you know how it goes.

davirus82 said:
My wife will be driving my 997 (as we now only have 1 parking space) she definitely needs parking sensors.

You need to rethink this one!

davirus82 said:

Spoke to Porsche West London, they would not retro fit to a 997.they recommended auto audio. Taking it to them next week. £390 (back only) . Will let you know how it goes.
i've used auto audio to fit sensors to a previous 997 as well as other cars. They are the closest to OEM that you'll find.

my 997.2 has rear parking sensors as a factory fit, can front ones be added ( I would like OEM as under warranty ..

carrera8000 said:
Hi all
Can you fit rear Parking sensors retrospectively to look as good as oem, if so could someone recommend please.

Many thanks

Gwyn.

To be honest, if one needs parking sensors to maneuver a 911, maybe one shouldn't be driving one.. :?

believe it or not, i have some buddies that bought new 911s from the dealer non-equipment with rear parking sensors so the dealer installed aftermarket ones. hence i followed suit :) they are VERY simple in design imo.

monster said:

Just had my them fitted, they look very good.

Attachments

• 12_206.jpg
    12_206.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 4,613
  • 1234_121.jpg
    1234_121.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,612

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon