Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Portable Hoover

Slayer

Dear all,

Any recommendations for a hand held/ portable hoover for using in the car?

Finding it quite difficult to get the one from the house outside to do the deed (no garage).

Thanks in advance.

For a mains variant try 'Metro' vacs. Polished Bliss sell them.
For a battery variant try 'Black and Decker'
:thumb:

Thanks Michelin.
I thought I possibly made a strange post..there were no recommendations. :D

In my experience you can never beat a plug in one. I've used quite a few of the rechargeable ones over the years, the best being the handhold Dysons but even those are not as good as my £30 Henry Hoover copy with cheap plastic tool attachments.

My advice would be stay away from rechargeable and get a cheap small plug in one c1000 watts and extension lead :wink:

I had a battery operated one which worked..did not really Hoover though
:nooo:
I just wanted see whether any forum members had any good ones to recommend.

I have a Dyson rechargeable which is the only non mains lead that has proper suction power that I ve found

Thanks Mark. Will check them out.

I use a Dyson DC31 Animal. Charge lasts long enough to deal with the type of problem below. Bottom photo was the 'before' shot. Photos don't show it that well but it was covered in dog hair.

Attachments

• bad_dog_hair_day_2_139.jpg
    bad_dog_hair_day_2_139.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 10,024
  • no_hair_2_108.jpg
    no_hair_2_108.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 10,024
Fox Terrier said:
I use a Dyson DC31 Animal. Charge lasts long enough to deal with the type of problem below. Bottom photo was the 'before' shot. Photos don't show it that well but it was covered in dog hair.
Sold! :D
That's quite impressive. Will definitely check Dyson out :thumb:

Black and Decker Dustbuster Pivot.

Make sure you get the one with the lithium battery.

An excellent bit of kick.

Thought I had logged in to the wrong site never thought I would see a thread about hoovers :redcard:

I also have an excellent portable hoover and shes called Audrey

eh this also looks quite good http://www.garagevac.co.uk/

Gazc2 said:
Thought I had logged in to the wrong site never thought I would see a thread about hoovers :redcard:

I also have an excellent portable hoover and shes called Audrey

eh this also looks quite good http://www.garagevac.co.uk/
It is part of car maintenance :oops:

Since we bought a Dyson hand held, my Henry is gathering dust in the garage unused. I too have to vac dog hairs out of my cars, the Dyson is perfect for it. Not sure what I did without it. The charge doesn't last forever, but it sufficient for keeping on top of the car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back