Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Upgrading Begins Aero Kit Fitted!!!!

shane159

Hi guys,

Thought it was about time I posted a few pics up of my 997, I've been a member for a few years but only a owner for 6 months. I searched for around a month to find the best condition best/spec 3.8 for my budget, then stumbled across this one, it ticked all the boxes for me apart from missing the Chrono it had the exact spec I was looking for.

I plan on changing a few bits, starting with the Aerokit, I did purchase the rear spoiler but on arrival I noticed the quality of it was shocking, I'm currently stuck with it and still thinking what's next for it? At the same time I'm also looking for the Aero front bumper but I really don't want to be in the same situation as the spoiler, I've spotted one on Design911 so might look into that one and hope there good quality. I'd also like to fit the facelift LED lights just to update the look of the car.

Anyway a few pics:

Looks a nice clean 997 you've got yourself there. Congratulations. :thumb:

Aero kit

Unfortunately the only way to ensure you get quality is to buy genuine Porsche parts. All the aftermarket versions will be chinese made GRP or fibreglass versions which don't flex or fit well.
You do certainly get what you pay for.

That said, the genuine parts now cost a small fortune as the OPC prices more than doubled in a recent pricing review from Porsche.

Your best bet might be to keep an eye out on eBay, there are often genuine aero kit parts for sale from breakers.

Great looking car btw :D

Thanks for the comments, I've been looking into the front bumpers from Design 911 and it seems that the Aero front bumper they sell is a genuine Porshce part so think I will go for that one once I've talked the wife around. :D

Hi Mate

That's a very tasty looking car.

I see you're in Chesterfield - me too (Brampton).

I just got my second 911 a couple of weeks ago, a 997.1 in Atlas grey.

Like you I'm interested in some mods but want to be careful not to over do it and make a mess. There is a guy on here (MarkGolf) who has done some really good stuff to his 997.1 (same colour as yours) - you should check his progress, its very impressive.

explosivo said:
Hi Mate

I just got my second 911 a couple of weeks ago, a 997.1 in Atlas grey.

Like you I'm interested in some mods but want to be careful not to over do it and make a mess. There is a guy on here (MarkGolf) who has done some really good stuff to his 997.1 (same colour as yours) - you should check his progress, its very impressive.

Small world mate, I'll have to keep a eye out for your's now, love the Atlas Grey already so would spot it easy. I've got loads of ideas but just need the funds. :roll:

I've already spotted Marks thread, I actually have spoken to him on other forums I'm a member of in the past, he doesn't mess about when it comes to modding them. 8)

Shane, I see that you are truly passionate about your perfomance vehicles. Your photobucket is very riveting with all the different marques you've had!

chowgar said:
Shane, I see that you are truly passionate about your perfomance vehicles. Your photobucket is very riveting with all the different marques you've had!

I used to be totally mad on cars, I then sold up to try the bikes but I'm now into both lol hence the reason the wife is trying to stop me spending, thing is I can't leave anything standard. :mrgreen:

Targa4Driver said:
explosivo said:
Hi Mate

GT Silver C2S 991 here over in chesterfield also :)

Surely, three is enough for a mini meet???

Had a nice surprise yesterday after contacting Type911 & doing a VIN check it turns out my 997 has a automatic limited slip differential fitted :D that explains why it's so easy to encourage oversteer :grin:

I've also dropped the car off today to have the genuine new aero kit painted and fitted, can't wait to see the results. 8)

shane159 said:
Had a nice surprise yesterday after contacting Type911 & doing a VIN check it turns out my 997 has a automatic limited slip differential fitted :D that explains why it's so easy to encourage oversteer :grin:

I've also dropped the car off today to have the genuine new aero kit painted and fitted, can't wait to see the results. 8)

who is fitting that ? what did it cost you, love the Aero kit.

shane159 said:

Hey Shane, let's meet up when it's done; I'm very interested to have a good look at it.

Check out Teile.com they have everything you might ever need. Not cheap but everything is genuine and it is certainly cheaper than buying from Porsche dealer.

Glad to see someone else who likes to modify. There aren't too many people with Porsches who like to do this, it is generally more about how standard your car is!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back