Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should an OPC advise that an MOT is due ?

Condor

I've got a 2010 Cayenne, which I acquired new from an OPC. I took out an extended warranty 2 year warranty with the dealer after the first 3 years expired.

Today, I detected the MOT expired in October 2014, as it was last done at the dealer in October 2013.

The car had some warranty work done in January 2015, and had a visit to the dealer in November 2014.

Should I hold the dealership partly to blame for not having pointed out the expired MOT ?

Nope. :nooo:

I appreciate your response.

I think otherwise .. I am sure they would have had no hesitation if they had detected that some work needing doing ... Perhaps if a tyre needed replacing.

Only one person to blame and that's the owner.

Only if you want laughing at :floor:

I'm trying to work out if your being serious :dont know:

Appreciate the feedback .. Thank you

You have been lucky but 100% you are at fault.

No MOT = No Insurance :judge: :cop:

:hand: :hand:

^^^^Not true^^^^^ All circumstantial. Although the police may issue you with a a fine of £1000. Usually however it is dealt with via a Fixed Penalty Notice of £60 and providing an MOT is obtained within the time specified on the FPN, that should be the end of it as no penalty points are issued.

No, Pilch23 is right.

No MOT means you are not covered by Insurance. All the insurances I have had have specifically said that the car should have a valid MOT.

To the OP about receiving reminders - we also have a new Jaguar and this week received a 'courtesy call' from the dealer reminding me of a service due at the end of the month. When they want your money.....

My son had his car MOT'd at a nearby dealer and receives a reminder as his old one lapses, but they can't be blamed if they don't send a reminder - it is your responsibility.

Surely the only way they would even know is if they carried out a vosa check and why would they do that?

If you were done for speeding, the vehicle being insured and taxed and MOT'd is also automatically checked when the penalty notice is sent out.

It would get flagged up then.

When you get your tax disc online or by phone they instantly check if you're insured and MOT'd by accessing their database info.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back