Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DME relay part no. difference

poorleno

Spa-Francorchamps
Just bought a spare for a 95 993 the part is 993 615 227 01 however checking the one thats in is993 615 227 00

Is it ok to use?

I think the last digits refer to the part's updates/modifications. So your existing relay is a 'first series' one, whilst your new one is a 'second series',so will be absolutely fine.
I've just checked, I have exactly the same situation. 00 in car 01 in door pocket!

Both are the 993 part.

The 01 will most often relate to a new supplier.

In general (not cosmetic parts, because it's the colour), the digits after the 3x3 (000.000.000) is irrelevant.

The part number defines its specification.

Short answer: they both work (and both are the more reliable design).

DME = ECU

(Digitale Motor Elektronik)

The DME/Fuel Pump Relay primarily impacts the fuelling in the infamous sense of the 993.

Just don't buy a DME relais if it starts with a '944'.

GT4 said:
Both are the 993 part.

The 01 will most often relate to a new supplier.

In general (not cosmetic parts, because it's the colour), the digits after the 3x3 (000.000.000) is irrelevant.

The part number defines its specification.

Short answer: they both work (and both are the more reliable design).

Serious knowledge dropped. Thanks

My understanding is that the last digit relates to any update of the part. This can be a change of supplier as said, but can also refer to a specification change.

Case in point being the CL Controller. 928.618.260.03 has a different operational spec to prior variants. Same manufacturer and appearance.

It can be made differently (including changing materials).

It can have a different supplier.

It can't change operational spec.

ie it must always do the same thing (and be physically identical in terms of mechanical or electrical connectivity etc).

The last two digits only indicate if there has been a non-functional change.

In the case of the CL controller .03 has the ability to pop the central locking when the interior door handle is operated. .00 works in every other respect the same, but does not have this feature.

So, I stand by my understanding that as the parts are updated or improved. The PN last digit is increased.

But PN 03 still has the same functions as PN 00 and does them exactly the same.

From the point of view of PN 03 however, PN 00 does not do the same as PN 03 though.

The issue is "the ability to pop the CL ..." in this case is a side effect of using a supplier with as shared component to another model or marque (which does spec and use that capability).

The primary spec (00) is still retained.

There are also instances (996 climate control module for example) where non-primary functionality is lost in later revisions, but is still within spec in later revisions.

Access or use of non-primary spec functionality should really be regarded as a hack (and is not guaranteed at the next revision/supplier change).

Perhaps I should have described it as a minimum acceptable spec.

Did you guys buy the original Porsche part or the OEM version which is about half price?

Or is this a silly question?!

Thanks

They are £20 (or less) for the real deal.

I think I bought mine for about £16 two years ago.

Thanks GT4. One of the websites I was on wanted £50 for the Porsche one and £25 for the OEM!

Thanks for putting me straight - will go searching for a site that's not a rip-off

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back