Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1996 Radio - what should it be?

fatherted

My '96 993 C2 has a 2003 radio fitted. My previous 3.2s had the factory radio listed in their option code list, but this one doesn't say what it should be. Was there a factory standard radio for 1996 models?

So long as you can listen to Kid Jenson on Radio Caroline, what does it matter?

:?:

CDR 21

But get a period Becker, looks correct with better dynamics.

As I'm not a member of the Beckeratti, I'd suggest...

Q: 1996 radio, what should it be?
A: Replaced.

;-) he he he

You're welcome to the sony I took out of my 1995.

Thank you. Was the Sony a factory fit? I've found the CDR 21 which I remember as being in my yellow 993 10 years ago

I think the Sony head units where dealer fit on a lot of 993. I presume as was pretty common at the time with a lot of cars that any radio was an option.

I only found this out after I chucked mine in the bin thinking it was some aftermarket tat :roll: I would have replaced it with the Becker anyway but retained the sony unit if I had known.

Becker it is then. Thanks. Now I just need to source the correct plastic internal door handles to replace the aluminium ones that have been fitted - and the same with the rear central console cubby hole cover

scanned from the 1996 options price list below :thumb:

Attachments

• 1996_option_973.jpg
    1996_option_973.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 7,530
fatherted said:
Becker it is then. Thanks. Now I just need to source the correct plastic internal door handles to replace the aluminium ones that have been fitted - and the same with the rear central console cubby hole cover

Have dropped you a pm. I still have a couple of interior bits from when I gave mine a refresh.

I have some old school Sony, so I assume it is original. Nevertheless, it is the most awkward electrical device to operate I have ever encountered and is a constant source of annoyance with what amounts to in effect advertisements flashing in the display that the device has RDS, CT?, Remote Control, etc, etc when all I want is the time or station name.

My 993 c4 is 1996 and it is fitted with a Blaupunkt CD radio from new, works fine and blends in with the dashboard well enough, If I need a sat nav I think a Garmin type device is more up to date than an old Becker unit, although the sound quality from the Becker will no dought be better. I really don't like the latest head units from Sony etc, tiny buttons , loads of functions that I would use once then instantly forget , horrible flashing beeping display. I think I feel better now !

Blaupunkt was also OE and AFAIK dealer fitted upgrade.

Bremen RCM 43 is in my early 1996 car.

int-dash-s.JPG

Was in - I now have a VDO with a front USB slot - sod originality.

Looking at the 1995 options price list there are the Sony's and also Blaupunkt's (which then changed to Porsche branded Becker's for 1996)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back