Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB 2014 Race 14 & 15 Rockingham

Porsche News

Increased grid for Porsche Carrera Cup GB at Rockingham

A mighty title race between Josh Webster and Michael Meadows and the biggest grid of the season so far are the headlines for the Porsche Carrera Cup GB heading for Rockingham (6/7 September) and rounds 14 and 15 of the 19-race season.

Following the most recent races at Knockhill, just eight points split Webster (Redline Racing) and Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) at the head of the overall championship and it is Carrera Cup Scholarship driver Webster who currently holds a slender lead.

With four new drivers joining the grid for Rockingham, topped by Canadian Formula 3 racer Nicholas Latifi with Redline Racing, it promises to be an absorbing contest at the head of the races. Meanwhile, there is also everything to play for in the Pro-Am1 and Pro-Am2 categories where Justin Sherwood and Jordan Witt (Pro-Am1) and Steven Liquorish and Peter Kyle-Henney (Pro-Am2) are the key contenders.

The latest Type-991 911 GT3 Cup will make a spectacular sight on its debut at Rockingham and it is Webster who has an eight-point lead with six races to run. Never before has a Scholarship driver topped the points in his Scholarship year, but reigning double champion Meadows is fighting back after a mixed middle part of the season. A perfect weekend at Knockhill two weeks ago allowed Meadows to cut Webster's lead to just eight points and their battle is set to run all the way to the final race of the season.

Meanwhile, the battle for third in the overall standings is even closer as Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) heads Paul Rees (In2 Racing) by just one point. Added to the Pro category is rising Spanish star Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) and he was on the podium in the second race at Knockhill. Meanwhile, Latifi will make his Carrera Cup debut in the Pro category and the progress of the experienced F3 racer will be watched with great interest.

In Pro-Am1, Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) is looking strong after team mate Karl Leonard curtailed his season. However, coming into contention with a late charge is Witt (Redline Racing), who only joined the championship at Snetterton a month ago. If he keeps scoring strongly, Witt still has an outside chance of catching Sherwood.

The contest for Pro-Am2 will run and run as friends and rivals Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) and Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) battle in just about every race. Liquorish currently has a 10-point lead, but dropped scores now start to come in to play, so the contest is wide open.

To add spice to the Pro-Am2 contest, Will Goff (In2 Racing) will rejoin the Carrera Cup and new to the championship for Rockingham will be David Witt, father of Jordan, who will race with Redline Racing. Another driver with a family connection making his Carrera Cup debut is Legends racer Daniel McKay who follows his father Paul into the Pro-Am2 category with In2 Racing. Making it a four-car team from In2 Racing will be David Walley, who steps up from the GT Cup to race the championship's guest car.

Attachments

• pccgb14_591.jpg
    pccgb14_591.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 12,317
Meadows tops Carrera Cup GB testing at Rockingham

Michael Meadows heads the time sheets at Rockingham
Paul Rees and Nicholas Latifi run second and third
Justin Sherwood and Daniel McKay top Pro-Am1 and Pro-Am2

Michael Meadows set a cracking pace in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB during testing at Rockingham today (Friday 5 September) as drivers prepared for rounds 14 and 15 of the season.

Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) set the mark at exactly 1m20s once he had a run on new tyres in the second session and ended the day clear of Paul Rees (In2 Racing), Nicholas Latifi (Redline Racing) and championship leader Josh Webster (Redline Racing). Meanwhile, Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) topped Pro-Am1 and championship newcomer Daniel McKay (In2 Racing) made a strong impression to head the Pro-Am2 times.

The first session times were topped by another championship newcomer, rising Canadian single-seater star Latifi. However, when the championship regulars went onto new tyres in the second session, Latifi was edged back to third fastest by Rees who showed excellent form ahead of only his second race weekend at the Corby track.

In Pro-Am1, Sherwood went fastest but only by a fifth of a second from Jordan Witt (Redline Racing), while McKay topped the superbly competitive Pro-Am2 category where the four contenders ended the day covered by only four-tenths of a second. Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) ran second fastest from Will Goff (In2 Racing) and Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing).

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) fastest overall:
'That's exactly what we wanted. We did a good job on old tyres to get a good race pace. I didn't have to push too much and there's a bit more time to come. I need every point I can get, so I want two poles tomorrow."

Paul Rees (In2 Racing) second overall:
'I feel like I've come here more prepared than for the last two race weekends. I'm almost where I want to be and there is a bit more time there."

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) fourth overall:
'It looks worse than it really was. I made a mistake on my best lap and on the dash there was a 20.3s, so I should be able to battle with Michael again in qualifying."

Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) first in Pro-Am1:
'To be honest, the morning session was better. I need to find a bit more time on new tyres in qualifying tomorrow."

Jordan Witt (Redline Racing) second in Pro-Am1:
'That was good and it was a much better second session. Everything was coming together by the end of the afternoon test."

Daniel McKay (In2 Racing) first in Pro-Am2:
'That went quite well and we managed to get on the pace quite quickly. The second session was better and it was awesome on new tyres. I'm doing a lot of learning and it's great fun."

Attachments

• rock03_116.jpg
    rock03_116.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 12,313
  • rock02_813.jpg
    rock02_813.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 12,313
  • rock01_623.jpg
    rock01_623.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 12,313
Meadows heads Carrera Cup GB qualifying at Rockingham

Michael Meadows heads thrilling session at Rockingham
Paul Rees and Nicholas Latifi share second grid places
Jordan Witt and Justin Sherwood share Pro-Am1 poles

Michael Meadows set a fantastic pace in Porsche Carrera Cup GB qualifying at Rockingham today (Saturday 6 September) ahead of rounds 14 and 15 of the season. In one of the hardest fought sessions of the season, Meadows took two poles as Paul Rees and Nicholas Lafiti each took a second slot and championship leader Josh Webster posted fourth and third best time.

While less than a quarter of a second covered the top four drivers in the Pro category, it was even closer in Pro-Am1 and Pro-Am2. In Pro-Am1, Jordan Witt (Redline Racing) headed Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) by 11-thousandths of a second for round 14 but Sherwood reversed the positions by a tenth of a second for round 15.

In Pro-Am2, Daniel McKay (In2 Racing) continued his superb Carrera Cup debut by taking two poles from Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing), but by just five-thousandths of a second for round 14. Will Goff (In2 Racing) and Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) made it four Pro-Am2 drivers covered by less than a second for round 14.

At a very foggy Rockingham, the battle at the head of the field was incredibly competitive and it was Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) who really pulled out the stops to take both poles with an impressive run on his second set of tyres. However, both Rees (In2 Racing) and Latifi (Redline Racing) showed very strong pace to each take a second place.

Meanwhile, Webster (Redline Racing) was very close to the pace but will start from fourth and then third places. With Meadows taking two extra points for pole positions, the pressure is on Webster to defend his six-point championship lead.

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) fastest overall:
'I needed those two big laps to get two poles and two more points. That is exactly what we planned to do. But Nicholas has come in done a great job. Maybe I'll stop helping him now!"

Paul Rees (In2 Racing) third and second fastest overall:
'We're right there and you can't be disappointed when it's so close at the top. It's certainly all to play for."

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) fourth and third fastest overall:
'I was P1 on my first set of tyres, then everyone found a bit more time and I didn't. An overshoot at the hairpin on my second run didn't help. The gloves are off now!"

Jordan Witt (Redline Racing) first and second fastest in Pro-Am1:
'I was having a fuel surge problem on the left-hand corners and it was certainly making Turn One difficult. I was losing three-tenths every time it surged and I wanted to be closer to the times of the Pro drivers."

Daniel McKay (In2 Racing) fastest in Pro-Am2:
'I'm really pleased because I made a couple of mistakes on my best lap. I've never done a proper qualifying session like that and I really enjoyed it. It should be an interesting race."

Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) second fastest in Pro-Am2:
'He just did me! The car felt really good, but I'm still a bit fragile after being unwell this week. I really like Rockingham and we didn't do too many laps on the tyres, so it's all okay."

Attachments

• rock04_175.jpg
    rock04_175.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 12,307
  • rock05_898.jpg
    rock05_898.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 12,307
  • rock06_188.jpg
    rock06_188.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 12,307
Meadows clinches Carrera Cup GB round 14

Michael Meadows takes impressive victory to close in on title lead
Justin Sherwood claims Pro-Am1 win to consolidate category lead
Peter Kyle-Henney wins mighty Pro-Am2 contest after four-way contest

Michael Meadows swept to an important victory in round 14 of the Porsche Carrera Cup GB at Rockingham this afternoon (Saturday 6 September) as he narrowed the gap to championship leader Josh Webster to just three points.

While Webster chased Meadows home in second place, Justin Sherwood fended off Jordan Witt for an important Pro-Am1 win and Peter Kyle-Henney raced to Pro-Am2 spoils after a ferocious four-way battle.

Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) got the start he wanted from pole to lead into the first corner as Nicholas Latifi (Redline Racing) grabbed second from Paul Rees (In2 Racing) and Webster (Redline Racing). However, Latifi spun into the gravel at the Deene Hairpin and Rees was handed a drive-through penalty for a false start. At a stroke, Webster was up to second behind his title rival.

Unfortunately, things got worse for Rees as the safety car came out while Latifi's car was moved. Rees dived into the pits to take his penalty from behind the safety car, which is not permitted, and had to take a second drive-through shortly after. His recovery drive to eighth place was a highlight of the race.

Meadows was able to build his lead to around four seconds as Webster concentrated on defending second from team mate Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) while Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) chased hard in fourth place.

A very strong start catapulted Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) into the Pro-Am1 lead and what became fifth overall, but he could never ease his pace as Pro-Am1 rival Witt (Redline Racing) chased all the way to the flag and the gap was less than one and a half seconds after 18 laps. Seventh overall, ahead of the recovering Rees, was a fine result for Carrera Cup newcomer David Walley (In2 Racing) in the guest car.

However, the biggest battle of the race raged over the Pro-Am2 category and it was Kyle-Henney who wriggled ahead of Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) to make the running. Liquorish came back strongly, but Will Goff (In2 Racing) and Daniel McKay (In2 Racing) were right in the thick of the dicing and it was a fierce contest as places changed all round the track. Somehow, Kyle-Henney managed to stay ahead for a very hard-earned victory as less than 1.5s covered four cars at the flag.

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) first overall:
'That's exactly what I needed to do and it's my first win at Rockingham. The safety car threw a bit of a spanner in the works. But I was confident we had a good car and I pushed every lap until I got about four seconds clear."

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) second overall:
'It was a case of damage limitation. The car's handling wasn't good at the front and I couldn't go after Michael. So, it was a good result given the situation and we'll now have a look at the car and see what has happened."

'I needed that result because I hadn't had a win since Brands Hatch at the start of the season. I got a good start and then saw the penalty board and wasn't sure if it was me for (number 7) or Paul Rees (number 77). But I was sure I'd not jumped the start and I really enjoyed the race."

Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) first in Pro-Am2:
'What a race! About a third of the way into the race I was really struggling with grip, but I managed to get in front of Steve. I didn't have the pace in various parts of the circuit and it was very tight."

Results round 14:
Overall: 1 Michael Meadows; 2 Josh Webster; 3 Victor Jimenez
Pro-Am1 category: 1 Justin Sherwood; 2 Jordan Witt
Pro-Am2 category: 1 Peter Kyle-Henney; 21 Steven Liquorish; 3 Will Goff

Attachments

• rock07_263.jpg
    rock07_263.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 12,303
  • rock08_411.jpg
    rock08_411.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 12,303
  • rock09_143.jpg
    rock09_143.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 12,303
Rees takes first Carrera Cup GB win at Rockingham

Paul Rees scores first Carrera Cup victory at Rockingham
Michael Meadows loses championship ground to Josh Webster
Justin Sherwood and Will Goff win Pro-Am1 win and Pro-Am2

Paul Rees took a resounding victory in 15 of the Porsche Carrera Cup GB at Rockingham today (Sunday 7 September) to score his first championship victory. As Michael Meadows struggled home in eleventh place with a fuel pump problem, Josh Webster took second place to build his championship lead back out to 14 points with four races left to run.

Despite an early spin after contact with Jordan Witt (Redline Racing), Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) won Pro-Am1 to increase his championship lead and Will Goff (In2 Racing) took an excellent win in Pro-Am2.

Rees (In2 Racing) headed the field from the rolling start as Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) slotted into second place from Webster (Redline Racing) before an early safety car period allowed marshals to move Witt's car from the gravel at Tarzan corner. Rees took control again from the re-start as Meadows started to build his challenge. However, the fuel pump problem then developed and Meadows' car stopped briefly before he was able to get moving again and cruise to the flag.

Rees drove a faultless race to score his debut Porsche victory, going clear of Webster as Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) fended off a race-long challenge from Nicholas Latifi (Redline Racing) for fourth. Into fifth went guest racer David Walley (In2 Racing) to complete an impressive Carrera Cup debut.

While Sherwood won Pro-Am1, Goff took control of Pro-Am2 with a tremendous performance to head Daniel McKay (In2 Racing) and Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) to the flag.

Paul Rees (In2 Racing) first overall:
'I'm really, really happy. We've been there or thereabouts all season and I thought we had the pace to win yesterday. It is fantastic to win in front of all my sponsors. It is just such a good feeling.

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) second overall:
'What a lucky boy I am! But I've got to take whatever happens. We were still struggling with the car and we just didn't have the pace."

'I got spun round on the first lap and after that the car was a bit lairy round the banking. Later on I had a fuel pump problem and the car was cutting out on the left-handers."

Daniel McKay (In2 Racing) second in Pro-Am2:
'That was a crazy race! I made a mistake before the safety car and let Will and Steven past. Will drove a great race and In2 Racing has done a brilliant job for me this weekend."

Results round 15:
Overall: 1 Paul Rees; 2 Josh Webster; 3 Pepe Massot
Pro-Am1 category: 1 Justin Sherwood
Pro-Am2 category: 1 Will Goff; 2 Daniel McKay; 3 Steven Liquorish

Attachments

• rock12_181.jpg
    rock12_181.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 12,245
  • rock11_181.jpg
    rock11_181.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 12,245
  • rock10_191.jpg