Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Discs & Pads?

markk

Trainee
Getting what I can best describe as a judder when I brake and whomp from one of the wheel arches. Back discs have hellish lip on them, but sounds like the issue is at the front.

I'm assuming I need new pads or discs or both. What are folks putting on their cars by way of OEM parts? Alternatively any ideas what could be the issue?

Cheers

Sebro discs and Textar pads are OE, but much cheaper without the Porsche Design logo stamp and Porsche box they'd come from your OPC in.

have always used Sebro Discs and Textar Pads on both my cars.

Get them from ECP usually. Look out for their offers. Much cheaper than OPC

I bought some pagid discs and pads from ECP on one of there many offers.
No problems at all.

Take some sandpaper to the discs. You can get hot spots and pad material builds up causing judder and a thumping noise. Look for slightly blackened areas.
Common when a car has stood for a while.

Nick

Try to bed in your new pads and discs properly and you should avoid vibration. You basically need to do some heavy non-ABS braking as early as possible after you've fitted them - this will build up a properly even transfer layer of pad compound on the discs.

Chris.

Ian Donkin said:
Sebro discs and Textar pads are OE, but much cheaper without the Porsche Design logo stamp and Porsche box they'd come from your OPC in.

Sebro, although great quality are not OE

I have OEM disks and pads on my car but I've never had a car which generates as much brake dust.

For my next swap any ideas on good road biased pads which ideally can handle some occasional mild track work? I don't want squeal or heavily sintered brakes which cause more dust.

9MLS said:
Sebro, although great quality are not OE

Do you (or anyone else) know who is for discs?

I DO like the fact that the hats don't rust on the original ones...

Rawhide said:
For my next swap any ideas on good road biased pads which ideally can handle some occasional mild track work? I don't want squeal or heavily sintered brakes which cause more dust.

I really wouldn't bother with anything special. As soon as you enter the track-focused domain you'll get worse cold performance, higher wear rates, more dust - and squeal!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back