Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Early 911t 1972

430phil

Hi,
First post so be gentle!
I have just bought my first Porsche.
It's a 1972 911T 2.4, it has been horribly converted to a 964 so I intend to convert it back to a 1972 t model.
I would like to know if the only differences cosmetically are the front wings, bonnet and lack of spoiler and side skirts?
Can the wings be modified to add the inbuilt indicators and vent?
Finally, I'm after correct model year seats if anyone has them.
Thanks.

Whoa
Frt rear bumpers
Number plat centre panel
Light lenses pos black edged
Longer bonnet
All bumper rubbers and side sill covers
Emblems
Wheels

Etc etc

Steve

Welcome, great choice of car

I have always been tempted to "save" an early 911 after it has been messed about with.

If you haven't already, visit ddk-online absolute fountain of knowledge when it comes to pre-impact 911s

Cheers

This car is nearly finished now, ok well at least 75%.
My main problem is I can't find a wiring loom for it.
1972 RHD 911T
any ideas pleeeeeaaase!!
thanks
Phil.

https://www.facebook.com/ferrariwal...4257660988325/656514607762626/?type=3&theater

An early car will involve a significant investment to get it right again, but the end result should be worthy of the effort and if you find you don't gel with the finished product (and I'd be amazed if you didn't), their values are rising so rapidly your hard earned will be safe.

As above, ddk-online is the place for pre '73 - they are not only hugely knowledgeable, but incredibly helpful and friendly too. I met my Wife through DDK - we both had early 911's and met at one of their Fairmile monthly gatherings.

Not wishing to scare you, but my very good friend is a highly regarded early 911 'rescuer' and his clients generally spend 400 - 700 hours with him and he only does the metalwork. And he has a waiting list far beyond his desire to continue his restorer life!

Good luck.

Hi,
Thanks, this thread is about a year old, it's just been replied to which has brought it back up (not complaining) the project is almost finished and yes it's taken hundreds of hours, I did try to add a photo link, i always struggle to send photos on forums for some reason!
Hope you like it, I love it, just wish I could find a wiring loom
Phil.

430phil said:
This car is nearly finished now, ok well at least 75%.
My main problem is I can't find a wiring loom for it.
1972 RHD 911T
any ideas pleeeeeaaase!!
thanks
Phil.

Just seen your post whilst I was typing!

Alan Drayson at Canford Classics will source (or make) you a loom. Nick Moss at Early911 is also very resourceful as is a guy called Andy Boyle who goes by the name of Lightweight911 on DDK.

No idea Phil - another thought is that a guy called Tim Bennett (Impmad2000) did an early targa and made up a wiring harness himself; Tim is the maestro at fixing early CDI boxes too, but does this as his hobby (his day job certainly used to involve military grade aviation electronics, so he's more than an amateur).

There's a restoration section on DDK - introduce yourself and they will come to your assistance.

Sorry I resurrected didn't notice the date.

Try nick moss early 911 probably one of the best sources of info and poss parts. He always interested and a DDK founder I believe.

Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back