Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

none start

delboy37

Hi Guys having a problem with my 1987 3.2 carrera upon starting it would run for a couple of mins. then cut out it, would not start, if left for a while it would fire up and again run a short time then cut out, I thought fuel filter so I changed that will not start at all now .took a plug lead of put a spare plug into lead then cranked it over no spark any ideas please thanks Del.

The wiring loom,relays and connectors can be troublesome on the 3.2 Carrera so that's one to check.Leads,cap etc are all consumables.Make sure the ecu has not got wet also.My initial thought was faulty fuel pump when you spoke about the none start but if you say it is not sparking?

If you get fed up I am looking for a project to buy,seriously. :D

:thumb: thanks guys for the info. changing the DME next see what happens will keep you informed if that does not solve the problem the next step is diagnostics, just a quick one the DME unit is under the passenger seat on the R.H.D. Porsches right? cheers ,Del.

:grin: Hi Guys just a quick update on the none starting probs. changed the DME main fuel relay and she fired up straight away running great thanks to everyone that replied appreciate the comments and advice cheers Del.

Just read that very well written nightmare thread by stuttgartmetal about his DME ref sensor problem. Oh man I would have been in tears!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back