Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ridiculous question pondered many times ...

Is it cobalt blue or lapis blue? In sunshine that is how lapis looks.

Good choice by the way - the Hartech rebuilt engine is an assurance.

It's Cobalt Blue and looks fantastic!

I was actually looking for a black one but this one came up from Hartech and ticked all the other boxes: 996 C4S, low mileage, late year (2005 model, 2004 registered - which sounds odd, I know!), full rebuild, perfect condition in and out.

So it was a no brainer really.

In case anyone is interested. A slight problem is that often the smartphone needs a high power USB charger and the GoGroove only provides 1A. But mostly it's OK.

Attachments

• dsc02285m2_177.jpg
    dsc02285m2_177.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 16,885
Ignition issue

Generally car going well! Really enjoying the experience.

Last couple of weeks, a strange thing is happening. If I put key in and turn, won't start. If I remove key, put back in and turn, won't start.

However, if I don't remove the key, just turn to 'off', then try to start - works fine. You can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjR1Qoai2FQ

Anyone had (& fixed!) this?

Fixed (by Hartech suggestions).

Unlock with fob, immediately try to start the car without waiting for the oil check. This worked.

I then found the fob wouldn't work to lock the car.

So manually locked the car with the key, then unlocked with the fob (which started to work again).

All now back to normal!

996 ?

Like this one ?

Attachments

• dscn2810_196.jpg
    dscn2810_196.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 16,506
996 ?

Why thank you, the wheels are being sold and new originals are going back on but it is unmarked inside and out,
I love it . :D

There's a great feature on the 996 C4S in this month's '911 & Porsche World' by the way (Issue 244, July 2014). The feature car looks almost identical to mine!

Can anyone recommend a good mobile car wash and valet service in Edinburgh? My regular one is fully booked and about to go on holiday.

Drove from London to Manchester on Saturday, then Manchester to Edinburgh on Sunday.At the final coffee stop, I thought it was a bit sluggish when starting. But volts were a smidge under 14, so thought nothing of it.

Monday morning, turned the key ... click, click, click, click. Dead.

I have replaced the original Porsche (Moll?) battery with a bigger Bosch one and now seems OK. But of course, I may not know for a few days if that fixed it.

Has anyone else had this problem of the battery seeming to fail with little or no warning?

I had the same issue on my 996T. Overall reading was good but the battery went flat a few times before failing completely.

A new battery cured it.

Apparently one cell was dead as a dodo.

some one will no doubt correct me but the volt meter is the charge across alternator not the health of the battery. So a battery can be nearly dead but the volt meter is showing 14v nicely.

So far, so good. Seems it was just the original, ten year old battery, died.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back