Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 914 1.7. New pics July 2019

I like it because it's rare and unusual.

isysman said:

So is Smallpox.

adamw said:
looks like a really fun little car to drive especially with no roof 8)

And if there was a world shortage of such cars then everyone would want a 914, but there isn't, and they don't. Because you can buy "a really fun little car to drive especially with no roof" from virtually every decade in the last century, you can choose from many different manufacturers, from many different engine sizes and from almost any price range.

The 914 is that meal, you know, when you forgot to shop and all the stuff left in the fridge and cupboards is the stuff you liked least. It was on your list because it seemed a good idea, but you ate everything else first.

It's the honesty you hide from yourself, sat eating a plate of brown rice, curried beans and chilli chutney - you thought it would be a good idea, but when nobody else was around, you chose everything else first because you desired it more.

The 914, the kind of council house leftover meal that makes you wince that you had any part to play in it's purchase.
:nooo:

Yes but I don't like smallpox. Those are the reasons why I like it.

There is a minority of people who like these cars and that's why they are not so popular but those people are entitled to have those thoughts as you are yours.

So when are you picking it up then CC?
What colour did you go for? Go on, give us the spec.

clarkycat said:
isysman said:

So is Smallpox.

adamw said:
looks like a really fun little car to drive especially with no roof 8)

And if there was a world shortage of such cars then everyone would want a 914, but there isn't, and they don't. Because you can buy "a really fun little car to drive especially with no roof" from virtually every decade in the last century, you can choose from many different manufacturers, from many different engine sizes and from almost any price range.

The 914 is that meal, you know, when you forgot to shop and all the stuff left in the fridge and cupboards is the stuff you liked least. It was on your list because it seemed a good idea, but you ate everything else first.

It's the honesty you hide from yourself, sat eating a plate of brown rice, curried beans and chilli chutney - you thought it would be a good idea, but when nobody else was around, you chose everything else first because you desired it more.

The 914, the kind of council house leftover meal that makes you wince that you had any part to play in it's purchase.
:nooo:

Didn't say I'd buy one if the money was mine. Just that it looked like a fun little drive :thumb:

Let's calm down boys.. It's an interesting,quirky and relatively rare piece of Porsche history for the price of two weeks in the sun that will cost buttons to run and be a head turner for various reasons. I like to be different. :thumb:

Exactly. Love to be different. Especially if it doesn't sit well with the mainstream!

I am now actively seeking a 914.I have been to look at a couple and I have driven one and must say they are tremendous fun to drive and actually look great in the flesh. :D

Prices are definitely on the up and as with the other models the owners mostly think that their ducks are swans so its proving difficult to find a good car at reasonable cost.

This has been a slow burner (very!). but I may have some news shortly. :)

Ooooh exciting news that man.
I'm still getting around to making significant progress on mine. Been a bit of a year to be honest. I'm so looking forward to getting my teeth into mine again.
Keep us posted :thumb:

You mean Project Blue Book isn`t finished yet chief :dont know:

Looking forward to seeing what you guys do with 1970`s air cooled Boxsters
:thumb:

Too cool for Skool :grin:

Don't Kris, this year has not been the most productive when it comes to motor vehicles :duh:

:roll: I've been too pre-occupied with other stuff and passed on a few 'projects' that started at 5 bags. Although the 5-bagger needed more propping up than my truss :what:

My useless fact of the day.

A 914 was the first ever safety car in f1.
Pictured here at the 1973 Canadian Grand Prix.

Attachments

• img_0396_580.jpg
    img_0396_580.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 5,257
Well I am off down to "the smoke" tomorrow on a mission!
:bandit: :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back