Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air cooled prices

spongebob squarepants

Trawling around as you do and thinking of mad air cooled prices and found this - the fabled 1982 930 turbo press car- look at the price in 2011.

Porsche 930 Turbo - 911 HUL (porsche press car 1982)

My brother is selling his beloved Porsche 930 Turbo as he doesnt have the time to look after it any more. This car has amazing heritage as it was the porsche press car when it was released in 1982. THIS CAR WILL NEVER DEPRECIATE THEY ARE BECOMING VERY RARE AND SOUGHT AFTER.

This car would give a twin turbo supra a very hard time. its literally like driving a go cart on the streets. Crazy attention and always mobbed with enthusiasts when we return from parking it.

The car has 98,000 Miles and needs a bit of work.

The clutch needs replacing (new one supplied in a box upon purchase)
Gearbox rebuild (syncro is a bit ropey in 1st and 3rd gear £1000 to get this work done and easy to do while replacing the clutch)
Rear spoiler rubber is slightly perished and will need replacing down the line.

All of the above work would cost around £1500 ish to get done and the car is good to go.

The car is fitted with the following modifications.

Zork tube (straight pipe from turbo) hope you like flames (original exhaust also with sale of car)
Dump tube
RUF wheels worth a complete FORTUNE
Porsche RS door cards.

Looking for offers around the 20K ONO mark.

3182816-1.jpg
3182816-2.jpg
3182816-3.jpg
3182816-4.jpg

I have a liking for the early targas which once were considered total cack.

Not any more - £30k territory :nooo: 911T

Just goes to show you, have to spend money on there upkeep.
As for prices they are a solid investment.

I remember in the mid 90's when I had my SC you could easily buy a turbo for less than 20k..At the time a good SC privately was 12k and an early 3.2 Carrera was around the 14k mark..

sekky84 said:
20k...madness! If only I'd have bought it then!! :lol:

That is around what I paid for mine in 07. I could not pay that now for a good one. Over the last few year's they, have gone up in value to much.

i was offered a 964 turbo for £22k two years ago. I didn't have the cash or space at the time otherwise I would have had it. It wasn't perfect but it was very useable.

MC

hahaha this was me... My bro put that on the Supra forums as believe it or not, I was struggling to sell her back then! I won't let you know what I actually let it go for but it was a very daft move letting that car go! If only I had kept all the aircooled monsters I've had over the years...

spongebob squarepants said:
My brother is selling his beloved Porsche 930 Turbo as he doesnt have the time to look after it any more. This car has amazing heritage as it was the porsche press car when it was released in 1982. THIS CAR WILL NEVER DEPRECIATE THEY ARE BECOMING VERY RARE AND SOUGHT AFTER.
S/Bob - is your brother's car a 3.0 by any chance? If so, would he be interested in taking part in this:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=92369

~ Maxie :question:

I understood that it wasnt Mr Bob who's brother was selling the car, he had just copied an advert from two years ago to demonstrate price rises.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I understood that it wasnt Mr Bob who's brother was selling the car, he had just copied an advert from two years ago to demonstrate price rises.

MC

This is true had that been my brothers would now be mine!!!

I bought a useable, taxed and motd 1973 2.4S(NYT 37L) with 91k on the clock for £2600 in 1988.I never even took a foto of it :sad:

spongebob squarepants said:
the fabled 1982 930 turbo press car- look at the price in 2011.

Looking for offers around the 20K ONO mark.

I know nothing about the 930, but I know (sadly) first hand that non basket case bodywork on a 3.2 can easily be £15k-£20k the 930 would cost the same. And I imagine similar money for a 930 engine + gearbox rebuild?

If two MOT'd and running 3.2 carreras could have £20k of needed work needed on one but not the other then that explains why there ARE £15k cars and £30k+ cars out there.

Two MOT'd and running 930's could easily have a difference of £30k's worth of work needed between them.

I would not ever use 'price of ad's' as a guide on impact bumper cars, that's mindless IMHO. Only an inspection and the knowledge of the thousands you need to spend after buying, will tell you what it's worth.

If (IF) I ever went shopping for another 911 of this era, I'd get it inspected before I even travelled to view it, as I have learned (again, sadly) that my opinion on the condition and value of these cars is as pointless as it is unqualified.
:nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back