Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wind Rumble Noise with Open Sunroof

Is that to pre-empt the question on why there is an additional 50 miles on the car? "We can only drive 70 on the motorway which happens to be 30 miles away" or so ....

Well I just got mine back after a full two weeks at the OPC. It seems to be fixed as the deflector now sits up to full height with the roof open and the car standing still. There is a motor somewhere above the windscreen that reels in that black cord and lowers the deflector as you go faster, apparently. No idea really why it took so long as I never really got a straight story from the OPC but they blamed parts availability. They replaced the motor I think but I will call them tomorrow to find out what they actually did.

I got mine back yesterday. Porsche Aberdeen had it fixed in a day. They advised all it needed was calibrating. They connected it to their computer, pressed a few buttons and it was fixed. They advised that there is a small motor above the roof lining that make a few noises as it set its self up but once done, that was it.

Got their Panamera demo which is a nice machine but only if you never have to park it. Was so happy to get bad into the 911.

The PC didn't think that the deflector adjusted with speed but couldn't confirm. If you know what it does and why it does it, please let me know.

Would not be surprised if all I got from the OPC I used was complete BS to be honest. I won't use them again. Never able to get to speak to someone in service whenever I called and hopeless at calling back. Never got the same story twice on what the problem was, so the variable height thing was probably made up too. Had to ask them about 3 times not to clean the car and despite this they kept asking if I wanted it "valeted " before thy returned it. Really dented my view of Porsche, sorry to say.

The calibration story makes a lot of sense. I would imagine the motor just needs to be told how much cord to let out when the car is at a standstill and it may well reel some in over a certain speed. Will have to test it out to see. Glad you got it fixed so quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back