Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabin Heater/Blower problems

antsurf76

Hi,

The other day I noticed a burning smell in the cabin (electrical) and a small amount of smoke in the passenger footwell!

Nothing serious happened although the fire extinguisher was primed!

After that the heater has no power or fan speed except very intermittently and only on the cold setting... I have checked the No 1 fuse and it is all good.

I seem to think that they have 3 fans blowing the air about the cabin, any ideas why I would have lost the control and seemingly no heating??

Apart from that still loving my 964C4 and would not change it...

Thanks

Anton

Anton,

I have not had the burning and smoke but I wouldn't be surprised if the perious owner of my car did.

When I first picked up my car the heater controls didn't do much of anything so I gave all the servos and fans a decent service cleaned all the contacts and ran all the fan motors for a few hours on my bench.

It's not perfect but I can now demist the windscreen and the old girl does try to do as she is asked.

I also found the temp sensorsin the cabin to be gunged up with polish, at least I hope is was, not sure if it made any difference as I did all this in one hit but I don't think that could have been helping things.

Have a read of ToreB site for guidance. It sounds like the 'rheostat' motor on the mixer flap in the foorwell

Also on heat the syste, relies on the rear fan in the engine bay to bring the heat to the cabin and to some extent then complemented by the front fans. Does this work?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back