Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turdy tyres

Rockunrolla

Albert Park
Ive been out this afternoon on some very rural B-roads with good ahead view so to causing a hazard to anyone else ,, and give the car a hell of a spanking in preparation to a silverstone track day next month ,
And the grip is pants , like im driving on gravel , fish tailing and sliding all over ,, straight line braking grip so poor that ABS takes over and i nearly over run the turn :nooo:

I have Bridgestone potenza tyres all good 6mm on but there just TURD ,
has anyone else experienced this on these tyres :?:

Im binning them off for the Michelin pilot super sports .....

Hi

I am not really much help, but how old are they? It sounds to me like they may have gone off a bit. Have fun with the new set!

All the best

Berni

I run Bridgestones and have used them for Alpine trips and track days.

I am really impressed with them.

They start to go off when they are only half worn though, need to have over 4mm on them.

I run S02A's all round, they get very greasy if you overheat the tread. Almost like a tyre deflation. The trick for mine was to lower the pressures, even on the road.

They were pretty good on the track until the hot pressures went up again, then, same result. However, I feel they are a much maligned tyre, after all I had read on here I expected them to be crap, but in reality I find them pretty good all-rounders.

Avon - The 'inventor' of pneumatic tyres :thumb:

Get your geo checked out as - might be that, not tyres :?:

- Also sounds like tyre pressures could be off so check those too if you haven't already :thumb:

Rockunrolla said:
Ive been out this afternoon on some very rural B-roads.... and give the car a hell of a spanking. And the grip is pants , like im driving on gravel , fish tailing and sliding all over ,, straight line braking grip so poor that ABS takes over and i nearly over run the turn. I have Bridgestone potenza tyres all good 6mm on but there just TURD ,
has anyone else experienced this on these tyres :?:
I am surprised by your findings; I have only ever run Bridgestones on both 911s I have had and haven't had any reason to complain.

Like others have suggested, checking tyre pressures, geo and other things like bump-stops, bushes and the like might be worthwhile doing. Also, 997 springs have a poor reputation for quality - get under the car and check condition too.

~ Maxie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back