Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 50th Anniversary ordered

Fair enough. I drove the 7 speed (having had both PDK and Manual in a 997 before), and didn't love it. I recommend getting a drive in one, they don't feel like the 6 speeds because they are actually a PDK gearbox made into a manual box.

I'm not saying they are bad, just different. For me the throw was really long and took something away from the feel... To be fair PDK in auto mode does the same, (takes something from the feeling). That's why I use my gearbox in manual just about all the time.

Update on delivery: 25th of April collection date :thumb:

Update on delivery: 25th of April collection date Thumb

Better check mine tomorrow :lol:

My build date has moved out by 3 weeks, rather odd ...

That is strange PVR, have they given you a reason why?
I have a build completion date of the 22nd April, delivery a couple of weeks later.
My sales guy is away for a week, so I cant check.

Would be interested in knowing why.

No, he could not give a reason. He had never seen that happen in the 9 years he had been there. A couple of days here and there, yes - but never a 3 weeks delay.

He was going to try to find out but it would be strange if mine was delayed by three weeks that yours would not move out.

I agree, it would be strange for mine not to move too.
Not unless you have had a different option and they are waiting for a part.
But they looked similarly spec'd.
I've got a bit of a wait to find out...

I have the glass sunroof, perhaps they are implementing a fix to that string problem ... Do you have the roof?

Yes, I have a glass roof.
I haven't heard of any problems, need to spend longer on the forum!

Collection tomorrow :D

Have requested no polishing, no touching of the paint. The car is going in for its Protech protection on monday so don't want it to be pre-swirled by the dealer.

hmm, not received ...

Hey PVR, enjoy today, not many times in life you get to pick up a new car, let alone a 911!
Post some pics if you get time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back