Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster window squeals

Micksasloey

Ok folks, new to the forum. Joined after searching fruitlessly for weeks trying to find a fix
I have a 1999 Boxster and for the last few weeks when I put my drivers side window up there is a deafening squeal
Tried the solution to soften the rubber but to no avail
Tried cleaning the window scrapers, still nothing
I have come to the conclusion that the window scrapers are shot
Where can I but new ones and how do I go about fitting them?
This is driving me crazy, please help :eek:

Buy some silicon lubricant spray from halfords, had this on numerous cars and always worked for me. :)

It's your window regulator and mechanism.

Take the door card off and the membrane underneath. Then you will see the regulator and mechanism. You can then easily lubricate the bits that are squealing.

A bodge is to wind the window down an inch and then separate the rubber seal from the window with a metal ruler. You can then spray a load of silicone grease down into your door (ensuring an even distribution) in the hope that some will get on the squealing part. This isn't the best option though!!

I've had enough troubles with my boxster and other 996 doors!

:thumbs:

Managed to fix it without removing the door panel
Wound the window to it's lowest position, removed the 2 outside rubber plugs from the bottom of the door and sprayed the ptfe spray onto the moving parts of the winder assembly
One perfectly operating window now....what a relief

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back