Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paul Walker: RIP

My wife's car was running on 9 year old tyres, I changed them because they were cracking on the sidewalls. I don't remember it ever causing the car to travel at twice the speed limit.

MC

In hotter climates old tyres deteriorate more. If they had a deflation or partial deflation on old rubber before or during the trip it is probably the reason.

Let 20/25 psi out of one of your 911 rears(in a safe place) then try driving it. It will be all over the shop at 15mph and above.

The car went out control they were not drugged or drunk. Something on it failed.

I love threads like this.
:thumb:

I wonder how many car forums/internet chatrooms all over the world have threads on this accident? All with people stating very confidently how it happened and what did or what did not cause it. This wealth of knowledge (albeit gathered from the same information released on the internet that everyone has) should really be bought to the attention of those investigating at the scene, as it seems they have obviously missed something...

:what:

Hey! Where is the 911uk thread on MH370?
:?:

clarkycat said:

All at sea I'm afraid - rest their souls.

pzero said:
clarkycat said:

All at sea I'm afraid - rest their souls.

...but can we be sure :?: :?:

The truth, it's out there.

I've studied all the information on the internet and in the news, and I thought I might have noticed something they missed, however, someone with the same information (who was also 10,000 miles from the scene) had a theory that proved me wrong.
:frustrated:

About a year ago I was doing 15/20mph and turned onto a roundabout. The back-end of the c4s went all over the place and I was lucky to hang onto it.

One of the rears was down to 9 psi and I had to look twice to see the partial deflation on the low profile tyre.... Not obvious.

Only two days before I had checked the pressures and all were fine.

I ain't saying anything is 100% certain only it is a strong possibility if a tyre has failed(for whatever reason) and/or a partial deflation happened to cause a loss of control.

Ok, I'll have a guess too.

A mate of mine swerved and hit a deer once, the deer ran off but his car was totalled. Looking at all the evidence it is possible that control was lost trying to avoid or after hitting a deer/moose/elk/whatever they have out there. The thing ran off afterwards, and this is proven by the fact it is not mentioned in any of the reports.

Right, that's the mystery of MH370 dealt with, now I need a theory on the Carrera GT crash...

clarkycat said:
Ok, I'll have a guess too.

A mate of mine swerved and hit a deer once, the deer ran off but his car was totalled. Looking at all the evidence it is possible that control was lost trying to avoid or after hitting a deer/moose/elk/whatever they have out there. The thing ran off afterwards, and this is proven by the fact it is not mentioned in any of the reports.

Right, that's the mystery of MH370 dealt with, now I need a theory on the Carrera GT crash...

My C4S's rear tyre deflation was not a possibility/theory/guess it was a matter of fact.

No deers were injured or scared during the whole incident but it was a brown trouser moment as the C4S's back-end felt like it was on black ice.

These guys were speeding but that in itself does not appear to be solely attributed to the cause. A combination of factors appears to have been the cause. 9 year old tyres on a CGT is a bad baseline to start from.

As for MH370 I just hope they find those poor souls but as time goes by and the black box signal starts to fade they may never find them.

Has anyone asked the Michelin Rep yet?

News released today ...

"Paul Walker's daughter Meadow, 18, settles Porsche lawsuit over 'faulty seatbelt' that caused actor to be burned alive"

Did not see that coming, presumably car had been serviced and seatbelts failed either to work or release ?

Does not worth thinking about if he could not release himself :nooo:

jonttt said:
News released today ...

"Paul Walker's daughter Meadow, 18, settles Porsche lawsuit over 'faulty seatbelt' that caused actor to be burned alive"

Did not see that coming, presumably car had been serviced and seatbelts failed either to work or release ?

Does not worth thinking about if he could not release himself :nooo:

So it wasn`t the old tyres or the car being too powerful... I guess its easier to prove negligence with a faulty seatbelt.

complete b@ll@cks

He was killed by a bad driver, going twice the speed limit - the role of the car in this would have been the same whatever make/model it was - you hit a solid object at 80-90mph the outcome is never going to be good.....

All Agreed, speeding, old tyres etc caused the crash ....... but if the seatbelts failed which caused the death what would you do if it was your family :dont know:

Rumours of it being a $10m settlement, no one will ever know for sure as it will be confidential but at that level given his earning potential suggests to me it was a cheap deal for Porsche especially if there was a case for basic safety system failure. It's the way of the world now with litigation ie more about managing risk and cost and less about proving who was right or wrong :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back