Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone got a rough example they just drive?

Mark Houghton

Trainee
Hi Guys,
I'm just trying to get an idea how to keep my beloved car on the road and what I need to do. I have rust issues on wing and sills, crunching 1st to 2nd, Oil leaks, leaky targa top and no heater. I also have a car that starts up fine and drives brilliantly. Forgetting about a full rebuild here and there what basic things should I do to keep her going? What do you all do? Even if you say drive with fingers crossed that'll be good enou

Thanks

Mark

Mark

Personally I would ensure the engine is safeguarded in terms of fresh oil and basic maintainence. Monitor the oil leaks and top up as necessary - price up and try budget and save for an engine out job in the mid to long term to address engine issues.

Don't worry about the gears crunching , it can be addressed at a later stage.

Concentration the essential structural corrosion repairs and rust proofing to stall any terminal corrosion setting in. Live with any cosmetic issues and lack of heater.

Look towards ensuring targa seals are in good order to do your best at stemming the leaks but don't expect too much.

Ensure brakes, steering , suspension , tyres and all MOT items remain safe and legal and enjoy driving her :thumb:

bigfella70 said:
Mark

Personally I would ensure the engine is safeguarded in terms of fresh oil and basic maintainence. Monitor the oil leaks and top up as necessary - price up and try budget and save for an engine out job in the mid to long term to address engine issues.

Don't worry about the gears crunching , it can be addressed at a later stage.

Concentration the essential structural corrosion repairs and rust proofing to stall any terminal corrosion setting in. Live with any cosmetic issues and lack of heater.

Look towards ensuring targa seals are in good order to do your best at stemming the leaks but don't expect too much.

Ensure brakes, steering , suspension , tyres and all MOT items remain safe and legal and enjoy driving her :thumb:

Thanks for the reply. I've now found a great mechanic who is going to do everything for me over the next few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back