Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 4S at 911 Virgin

tmilligan

Barcelona
Did anyone spot how much the midnight 993 4S was up for at 911V before it sold? Seems pretty close in condition and mileage to mine...

£41995

Thank you. Not surprised it was snapped up so quickly!

Underpriced. Shows how the current market increase is even catching dealers out :wack:

I can't stop seeing articles about how air cooled prices are increasing almost weekly at the moment......I really think the classic Porsches are playing catchup from being undervalued against other marques.

If you want a laugh read some of the comments from cynics even 6 months ago let alone 2 years a go when I started looking. I'm more than confident I got might at the bottom of what will be a healthy market for them ( almost had mine 12 months now)

The real irony is that the older water cooled cars will start to get dragged up in value as the classics get priced out of the everyday market :eek:

Exciting times for those who did not wait too long to jump on the bandwagon :grin:

highway said:
Heresy from SGM!

So you get your £37.5k What then?
Buy 3 x 996's. And a Boxster with the change.

~ Maxie :grin:

996 generally as desirable as genital warts.

When you love 993 what else sates? Maybe a good 996 turbo or a GT3 if you can do,without seats and love scaffolding

I don't think I'd ever sell my 993 but I am thinking of getting a 997 or 991 as a run around so I don't devalue it...

I wouldn't be surprised if he's asking north of 50 for it. Maybe 55-60.

Wheels look a little awkward on it. Never a fan of the Turbo S chin spoiler either, but that's just me and it can be removed.

Who are Williams Crawford? Has Adrian Crawford had a name change?

WC advertise in the PCGB magazine. I've not heard anything bad about them.

Car says SOLD at the bottom. Is the listing recent ?

Shocking wheels, albeit an option when new.

Looks shiny though. A shame no interior photos.

Agree Assuming recent must have sold for £50k plus :dont know:

Yes - its extraordinary how prices seem to be rising and I doubt that curve will become any less steep with the onset of spring and summer.

18 months ago when I bought my 993 C4S it had even had its price reduced after being advertised on carandclassic.co.uk. I - and a seemingly decent Indie in Leeds - tried to find fault with it but couldn't. Think I got a bargain and love every minute behind the wheel. Someone would have to pay me a great deal of money for me to relinquish my keys.

Maxie - you seem to get involved in every 993 related thread and whilst your 997 looks great, are you not a frustrated 993 owner???

In 3 weeks am about to go on a trip with a mate in his 996 C4S along with another in his E-type up to Cape Wrath via some outstanding roads on the west coast. I am blessed living in the NE of Scotland and having a house north of Ullapool which takes 4 hours of driving nirvana to get to.

3 cheers to Ferdinand P.

jonttt said:
Agree Assuming recent must have sold for £50k plus :dont know:

I'm near certain it was high 40s - 47,995 I *think*. I called about it when it was available - around 4-5 weeks ago IIRC but it had just gone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back