Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - A few weekend jobs...

Have fun trying to plug it in to the connector especially if the rear fan assemby is still in place. You need to use the force, or find a gynecologist :nooo:

Before I replace everything I need your thoughts on this...

When I removed the rear blower to access the lambda sensor I found this un-connected connector. Any idea what it's for and should I re-connect it (to where?)

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris, had my blower motor off when I did my suspension last month but I can't remember seeing any unplugged plugs? Is there anywhere for it to plug into, if so plug it in and see wot happens if you think your hard enough :p

Ian

Finally got the corect replacement lambda sensor!

Removed the old one, which was rotten and seized in place. Had to strip the de-cat off the car to get enough leverage. Hopefully this is finally the cause of the lumpy idle and uneven power band.

Here's the old one next to the new one, modelled by Mr D Snr! I'll get it fitted tomorrow.

Lads on Rennlist say mystery connector is for cruise control. My '64 doesn't have cruise, so I'll just tuck it back away!

Nice work mate, my lambder sensors still stuck in the cat in my dads spare room, just goes round and round :floor:
Ended up buying a new one for the de cat!

Ian

Did you manage to get the sensor fitted Chris? Has it sorted your running problem?

Ian

All fitted again bud, but waiting till tomorrow lunch break to fire her up.

Been too full of man flue to spend much time in the garage!

No sign of little Dobson yet either, likes being late like its Mam!

Chris

Get a hot curry for your tea tonight, that should sort you both out :thumb:

Ian

Thnaks Ray!

Still no news here tho, i'm being kept waiting!

Fired up the car the other day and the idle is improved following fitting the new lambda, but not perfect. Next jobs are to tighten any jubilee clips incase of vacuum leak and then to take it for a good blast.

All this is time permitting of course!

If that still doesnt fix it im going to look for someone local with a Bosch Hammer.

Chris

Hopefully the new steering wheel will arrive today and then its off to the trimmers with it. I dug an old handbrake lever out the parts bin last night, so think i'll get this sorted while its in there.

I started the refurb on two wheels which im selling on. The first was a retro JDM Momo Course wheel from my old RX7, which needed a quick clean up.

Similar to this one, but im much better condition now (and with red stitch!)

coarse1157925797.jpg

I then started a full strip-down and refurb on my Porsche Club Sport wheel.

The wheel is marked Atiwe on the back, but came with an embossed Porsche crest on the horn pad and has the centre stitch. I thought only the real Porsche items had this?

Anyway, here's the wheel with hard-wearing coating removed, ready for fine sanding today and then dye via spray gun.

Chris

Not too bad, but needs a refurb:

Refurb started:

Had a spare hour over lunch, so decided to sort a few jobs.

Finished the prep on the Club Sport Steering wheel last night and got a coat of dye on it at lunch. Next job is to rig up the Devilbliss SRi and get some proper colour on it. Pics to follow!

While that was drying I tested the fit on the Momo V32 wheel. Fit is great and horn works (!) This has to be the smallest wheel i've fitted to the 964, its only about 300cm :eek: Its plenty chunky tho, it'll be like driving a go kart :thumb:

Its hopefully off to the trimmers tomorrow with its mate the handbrake...

Hi chris, keep up the good work! Anyway how long do you get for your dinner!

Ian

igaffz said:
Hi chris, keep up the good work! Anyway how long do you get for your dinner!

Ian

Cheers bud!

I only get one non-union regulated hour. The joys of living 5 mins from work tho! The car beats Bargain Hunt any day of the week :puh:

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back