Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - A few weekend jobs...

Thanks for the heads-up on Andrew Page Ian. Replacement Bosch lambda ordered for collection tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed i'll have time to fit it tomorrow night...

Chris

p.s. steering wheel was shipped from Japan today via airmail :bandit:[/quote]

Ha ha mine arrived this afternoon :puh:

Guys please be gentle and try not to laugh at this! :?

Last time I looked at my exhaust I didn't see a lambda sensor or any sort of wiring. Just what looked like a bolt screwed into the hole where the sensor should be.

Is this even possible or could the sensor be elsewhere on the exhaust. This has been the case since I bought the car.

Cheers,

Thomas

Thomas :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Just kidding mate dont panic if you have no sensor it will have been looped out, although not sure why it would be done if you still have a standard exhaust fitted ? unless it went faulty and looping it out was a quick fix

Not sure about that steering wheel Chris

Gazc2 said:

Hey no worries Gaz, it's a bit of a 90s acquired taste! Most people like them without the centre horn pad. Once it's re-trimmed it may turn a few more heads.

Chris

igaffz said:

In the words of the bear... Mmm tasty!

Thomas, that must be wot slowing your car down so much!

Chris, the wheel looks better in that pic without the horn push? Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. Won't take long for it to come from Japan you'll probably have it for the weekend 8)

Ian

Gazc2 said:
Thomas :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Just kidding mate dont panic if you have no sensor it will have been looped out, although not sure why it would be done if you still have a standard exhaust fitted ? unless it went faulty and looping it out was a quick fix

Thanks Gaz, I have a decat apparently so that might explain it.

Either way it still goes like stink.

deutschland-dobson said:
Gazc2 said:

Hey no worries Gaz, it's a bit of a 90s acquired taste! Most people like them without the centre horn pad. Once it's re-trimmed it may turn a few more heads.

Chris

Where would one go to get a wheel trimmed locally?

Going to take my prototipo to the guy who fitted my dash cover and see if he will change the white stitch to light blue, ill let you know how it goes.

Ian

Looks a lot better without the pad ,

Thomas that explains it some of the de-cats have either no hole for the sensor or its blanked off.

igaffz said:
Thanks for the heads-up on Andrew Page Ian. Replacement Bosch lambda ordered for collection tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed i'll have time to fit it tomorrow night...

Chris

p.s. steering wheel was shipped from Japan today via airmail :bandit:

From where did you buy it Ian? And for how much? All this wheel changing is making me look... I like the momo and the club sport... Hmmm....

Larkspeed mate, £150 delivered.

Ian

Gazc2 said:
Looks a lot better without the pad ,

Thomas that explains it some of the de-cats have either no hole for the sensor or its blanked off.

So for the next silly question.

What difference would having a lambda sensor make and why don't I need one? Not that I have burning desire to spend the cash but I have no knowledge on the subject.

Picked my lambda up from Ian Page at lunch, and its the corect one!

Think i'll leave fitting till tomorrow night, its too cold!

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back