Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - A few weekend jobs...

Boxsey, Mr B - good call!

When crawling about under the car last weekend it looked to be fitted, but i'll have a proper look :?:

Chris

deutschland-dobson said:
Boxsey, Mr B - good call!

When crawling about under the car last weekend it looked to be fitted, but i'll have a proper look :?:

Chris

Chris, I mean check that it's plugged in, inside the engine bay. The lead goes from the cat, through a grommet in the engine tin and plugs in to the plug that is hidden underneath the rear blower. Once connected the plug then sits in a plastic clip - this is important as it keeps the cable away from the HT leads so that it doesn't pick up pulses from them.

Cheers bud :thumbs:

Stripped the blower out easy enough on Saturday and exposed the engine side of the lambda, only the find...they're shipped the wrong bleedin lambda sensor!

Argh!

Awaiting a response on how to exchange and when the new one will arrive.

In the mean-time I went mad and bought this...

Not the C4 lightweight mind :eek: Just the steering wheel :puh:

If the missus reads this I blame Tom, Ian and the chaps over on Rennlist for buying new wheels

Chris :bye:

Lightweight-1097.jpg

Lightweight-1112.jpg

Been looking for one for ages and randonly one came up for sale today in Japan!

Techart / Momo V32 wheel, with the very rare centre horn pad.

Wheel is in poor condition so will be re-trimmed in black leather with red stitch detail.

Here's a close up of the actual wheel:

nice! I fancy a thicker wheel... but am leaning towards having my original lozenge wheel re trimmed with a thicker rim.

has anyone done this?

deutschland-dobson said:
Stripped the blower out easy enough on Saturday and exposed the engine side of the lambda, only the find...they're shipped the wrong bleedin lambda sensor!

Argh!

You're better off buying a Bosch one. AFAIK that's the only one that plugs straight in without the need for cutting and splicing wires.

Boxsey said:
deutschland-dobson said:

Argh!

You're better off buying a Bosch one. AFAIK that's the only one that plugs straight in without the need for cutting and splicing wires.

Yup, Bosch one bought to save cutting / splicing wires, but they sent the wrong Bosch one :(

Chris

Hi Chris, love the new wheel mate, you getting it re trimmed in black or grey to match the dash? As for the lambder, make sure they send you the one with the plug, if they don't DO NOT cut the wires, they don't work! Something to do with the signal that goes down the wires is so weak they don't work if the wires are cut and rejoined. Got the t shirt mate. Anyway keep up the good work :thumbs:

Ps if they can't get you one Andrew page along the road will get you one for the next day for £78 ish.

Ian

Thanks for the heads up Ian :)

They sell two types which they recon are both for the 964. Guess who picked the wrong one!

I'll get the wheel trimmed black and red to match the dash and other re-trimmed bits :)

Chris

igaffz said:
Hi Chris, love the new wheel mate, you getting it re trimmed in black or grey to match the dash? As for the lambder, make sure they send you the one with the plug, if they don't DO NOT cut the wires, they don't work! Something to do with the signal that goes down the wires is so weak they don't work if the wires are cut and rejoined. Got the t shirt mate. Anyway keep up the good work :thumbs:

Ps if they can't get you one Andrew page along the road will get you one for the next day for £78 ish.

Ian

Thanks for the heads-up on Andrew Page Ian. Replacement Bosch lambda ordered for collection tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed i'll have time to fit it tomorrow night...

Chris

p.s. steering wheel was shipped from Japan today via airmail :bandit:

Here's where I got mine from Mister-Auto:

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/lambda-sensor/bosch-0-258-003-924_g3922_a0300!258!003!924.html

After all the 'research' I decided to go with Bosch for peace of mind :roll:

Zingari said:
Here's where I got mine from Mister-Auto:

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/lambda-sensor/bosch-0-258-003-924_g3922_a0300!258!003!924.html

After all the 'research' I decided to go with Bosch for peace of mind :roll:

I ordered from those chaps first Zingers, they sent the wrong one! French outfit, so little hard to sort the refund, but it's on its way back now.

Bosch one was cheap from our local supplier, so at least the money stays in the country and doesn't pay French workers ;)

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back