Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

IMS/Bore scoring !!!! No Problem

There's statements about weight but I've seen no numbers or links to stated fact?

So is there any?

As for fuel economy, I'd be interested again in real findings.

A friends Monaro struggles to get anything near 18mpg even on long runs.

Hi

I think if you have a 996 that has detonated, then this is not the worst thing that you could do with the car. In some respects I quite like the idea.

Never on a 993 or earlier, but on a 996 it somehow makes a lot more sense.

Berni

berni29 said:
Hi

I think if you have a 996 that has detonated, then this is not the worst thing that you could do with the car. In some respects I quite like the idea.

Never on a 993 or earlier, but on a 996 it somehow makes a lot more sense.

Berni

I agree, changing the engine is one thing, trying to add in a cooling system with pipes running to the front of the car and radiators where they were never meant to be any would be a challenge of much greater proportion.

MC

Anyone else find it fonny that its a 5.7 litre that puts out the same power as a 3.6 carrera?

thats americans for you

big is better but no refinement :)

they still make engines with pushrods and rockers

chriscoates81 said:
Anyone else find it fonny that its a 5.7 litre that puts out the same power as a 3.6 carrera?

Initially yes but you could turn it on its head and find it funny that the Americans can build a 5.7 or 6.3 litre engine that weighs less than Porsche's 3.6

Plus the understressed 6.3 give plenty of scope for more power while the M96 doesn't.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back