Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New "Retro" 991 Targa leaked...

Jcx

I am loving this...

Leaked image shows retro styling of new 911 Targa ahead of its debut in Detroit

A picture of the Porsche 911 Targa has leaked onto the web, just days ahead of its official reveal at the Detroit Motor Show next week. Designed to sit between the 911 Coupe and 911 Cabriolet, the Targa is aimed at those who want an open-top 911 without the full-blown cabriolet experience.

Porsche's designers have clearly taken their inspiration from the original 1960s Targa, with a wraparound rear windscreen and a bar that runs up the sides and across the top of the roof. It's believed the missing roof section will retract electrically at the touch of a button.

There's no word on which engines will be available, but the choice is likely to mirror the Coupe and Cabriolet with a 345bhp 3.4-litre flat-six in the Targa and a 394bhp 3.8-litre in the Targa S. Expect pricing to fall somewhere between the Coupe and Cabriolet, too.

Attachments

• 2015_porsche_911_targa_520x335_853.jpg
    2015_porsche_911_targa_520x335_853.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 4,686
A targa leaked :sad: No surprise there then. Good job I keep my in the garage.

Finally. A 991 that looks great.

They will clean up with that if its real.

The wobbly body stuff is a thing of the past and this has real potential as a quick boulevard cruiser.

I like it! They should make the targa bar brushed chrome/aluminium and put the word 'Targa' on it. And paint the car bright green.
:thumbs:

Viper Green Targa perfect :)

I think that the Targa concept lost it's way a little with the 993 styling (the presenter of this video implies the same in his commentary).This is very much return to form....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back