Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Warranty - minor work not by Porsche centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everyone's advice.

I reckon brake pads and MOTs at the local garage/indy with OEM parts. Everything else at the OPC

There is in the archives a thread dealing with this issue where the OP had written assurance from his OPC and the warranty department of Porsche GB that work could be carried out by VAT reg business using genuine parts. The OP did get a lot of hassle and some very pointed insults but others have confirmed this.

carruthers said:
There is in the archives a thread dealing with this issue where the OP had written assurance from his OPC and the warranty department of Porsche GB that work could be carried out by VAT reg business using genuine parts. The OP did get a lot of hassle and some very pointed insults but others have confirmed this.

Unfortunately the written assurance also contained the following paragraph.

"However if any failure happens to your vehicle and it is linked to work carried out by a non Porsche Centre a warranty claim will be declined."

Yes, seems a quite reasonable clause. If any failure occurs due sub standard work or parts what do you expect.

carruthers said:
Yes, seems a quite reasonable clause. If any failure occurs due sub standard work or parts what do you expect.

And that is the point.

If you have work done at somewhere other than an OPC you run the risk of a warranty claim being turned down.

Because of this most people wouldn't take that chance and, having bought an OPC warranty, would have work done at an OPC.

Well that is up to the individual, doesn't get away from the fact that Porsche will permit work done by a VAT registered concern and that if the work is satisfactory with genuine parts used then there is no problem, in any case you will only have a problem if you are claiming for a fault or problem associated with the work done. I don't see a problem with an Indy changing your brake fluid for example as this will not affect any claim unless you have an associated brake problem.

carruthers said:
Well that is up to the individual, doesn't get away from the fact that Porsche will permit work done by a VAT registered concern and that if the work is satisfactory with genuine parts used then there is no problem, in any case you will only have a problem if you are claiming for a fault or problem associated with the work done. I don't see a problem with an Indy changing your brake fluid for example as this will not affect any claim unless you have an associated brake problem.

Absolutely BUT the people deciding whether it was 'associated with the work done' would be Porsche.

If they decided that a major engine problem was associated with the fact that a car had last been serviced by a non-OPC garage they'd refuse a claim.

I wouldn't want to be that individual.

jamesr36 said:
Thanks for everyone's advice.

I reckon brake pads and MOTs at the local garage/indy with OEM parts. Everything else at the OPC

As the originator of this thread has made his decision I have locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back