Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lightweight 12V lithium car battery systems from Voltphreaks

Light weight battery

My Voltphreaks battery just turned up, unbelievably light, small and powerful. Can be switched on and off as well. Just need to fit it now.

Only weighs 3kg

Stuart said:
Very nice, how are you going to fix/ mount it?

Haven't looked yet and prob wont fix it in before friday as Im off to the NEC in the 996 so dont want it in bits tomorrow. Might even be able to pick up my new Li spec alternator at the show as well (altered to charge at 14.5 volts)

It will go in the stock location of that im pretty sure though.

A great product if you race, but to pay a grand for a battery for a road car is a bit OTT. Saying that I would still have one and appreciate the technology but the price would have to be a LOT lower even though as stated they last a lot longer I could still buy 10 standard batteries for the price of 1 of these.

I bought it for the weight loss, pretty sure you would get away with the 750 which is a lot cheaper, especially if you garage the car and dont mind a charge once a week.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back