Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heater control behind handbrake.

Mark Houghton

Trainee
Any of you lucky enough to have this working on your cars please could you explain briefly what its meant to do and how it works? I can turn the knob on mine but it doesn't seem to be attached to anything. Should it be connected to control cables? Is it supposed to control warm airflow into the rear of the cabin from the rear or does it control the temperature of the warm air form the front?
Thanks for any advice.

This scan should help explain it:

Attachments

• 911_heater_controls_398.jpg
    911_heater_controls_398.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 2,462
The manual is in fact for a MY '79 car, and I'm not sure if there may have been some improvements by 1983. I seem to remember there being two black levers side-by-side on later cars? :dont know:

Red993C4 said:
The manual is in fact for a MY '79 car, and I'm not sure if there may have been some improvements by 1983. I seem to remember there being two black levers side-by-side on later cars? :dont know:

Thanks for your reply. Can you recall if the knob had much resistance when turned? Mine just seems to turn freely as if its not attached to anything. Certainly makes no difference to the heat flow at the front.

This controls the fan speed.
The sliders on the dash control footwell fans, and heat, and air low.
Your switch sounds mullered.
It clicks round usually.

Impactbumpers.com will have plenty of threads, and know all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back