Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Size

markc911

This may sound like a stupid question i have seen the car i am looking for i had to travel a few miles to see it before i start going ahead with inspections can anybody tell me if the 996 is any wider than a Audi A4 estate if so by how much my drive way is only narrow got a good foot either side of the Audi and garage will be fine

markc911 said:
This may sound like a stupid question i have seen the car i am looking for i had to travel a few miles to see it before i start going ahead with inspections can anybody tell me if the 996 is any wider than a Audi A4 estate if so by how much my drive way is only narrow got a good foot either side of the Audi and garage will be fine

I'm afraid I don't know the answer, I do wish somebody would come up with a way to search the internet for this sort of thing though, it would make life so much easier.

MC

markc911 said:

The width of 996 C4S is measured as 1830mm. You don't say what variant of 996 it is that you are interested in so I've given the measurement of the widest model. If it's not a turbo or C4S you will have more space to play with.

I don't know how wide your driveway is and I haven't seacrhed anywhere to find out the width of your Audi.

Bear in mind, the wing-mirrors exceed the width of both narrow and wide bodies.

MisterCorn said:
I'm afraid I don't know the answer, I do wish somebody would come up with a way to search the internet for this sort of thing though, it would make life so much easier.

Are you kidding MC :?

In the event that you're being serious .......... just do what I do... Google the word 'dimensions' and the car you're looking for details on.

NB: It's often worth checking the info against two or three 'results' as (believe it or not) some things that you can read on the internet aren't always right*.

*eg. I read that this pearl of wisdom was first attributed to Sir Winston Churchill. :grin:

markc911 said:
its a 1998 carrera s

thanks for the non sarky comments

Thanks for spotting the sarcasm :thumb:

It wasn't aimed at you really, just testing out the new Mods sarcasm detection abilities. -1 point for T8.

Welcome to the forum, I hope it fits and you can get a bit of 911 in your life.

MC

MisterCorn said:
........ just testing out the new Mods sarcasm detection abilities. -1 point for T8.

:oops:

MisterCorn said:

It wasn't aimed at you really, just testing out the new Mods sarcasm detection abilities.

Oh no you weren't :hand:

ps. Have you managed to get a bit of 911 permanently in your life now or are you still nicking test drives in that 996T?

T8 said:
MisterCorn said:

It wasn't aimed at you really, just testing out the new Mods sarcasm detection abilities.

Oh no you weren't :hand:

ps. Have you managed to get a bit of 911 permanently in your life now or are you still nicking test drives in that 996T?

Not yet, I had one from Fearnsport for 5 days, put 500 miles on it then took it back. With a bit of luck I might get one later this week. I feel I to post something in the newbie section when I get it, it has been so long.

MC

You can also find the width details along with height, weight etc on the autotrader site. Just look at the tech specs of the car your looking for & you will find the information you need.

When I took a test drive in a skyline GTR the salesman was a little surprised when I parked the car in my garage - best way to find out if one would fit :thumb:

I won a bet with a girl from Accounts on that basis :thumb:

chimp911 said:
What did you win? Pzero's number plate :dont know:

Not if he kept his socks on!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back