Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paul Walker: RIP

coomo said:
JohnnyDangerous said:
infrasilver said:
There is Video footage of the burning wreck filmed by some of the first on the scene.

I won't post it up the video but you can find it on liveleak.com if you desire to see it. Looks like there were high speeds involved as there are car parts everywhere.

The car is folded in half dude, the rear wheels are pointing 90 degrees away from the fronts and it looks like it impacted the pole/tree right in the pass door, hopefully instant for both of them.
The Driver his business partner was a "racing driver" apparently.Lets just be grateful he hit a telegraph pole and not a school bus.
Sad loss of young lives.Lets not forget I doubt they were adhering to the speed limit.Is it ok for clebs to act this way, without criticism?

It was a smallish tree they hit so I don't know why the car snapped in half, so much for a carbon fibre cell. :dont know: Normally a tree of that size would of snapped.

^ didnt the ferrari enzo do the same thing on impact,very strange :dont know:

Gutted, RIP

we had the cars from the FF6 filmed in London & Tenerife and my boy had his pics done with them,

got him the dvd and big poster for xmas.

p1rob said:

There is debris all over the road so my guess is that the tree was the last thing it hit but not the first.

I havn't seen it and don't want to.

I'm just gutted for his family.

As we all are sad day.

apw2007 said:
p1rob said:

There is debris all over the road so my guess is that the tree was the last thing it hit but not the first.

I thought that myself but then also thought if they'd hit something before it would of scrubbed enough speed of not to snap the car and the debris scattered could just of come from the tree impact anyway, there is also a high kerb that would of damaged the car before impact.

Modern "Hypercars" constructed with a carbon chassis are generally constructed in either 2 or 3 pieces, and are actually designed to break apart with a harsh impact, separating the driver and the cockpit survival cell from the engine block etc..
This is illustrated in the photo of the Enzo mentioned earlier in the post, the entire rear end of the car is separated from the cockpit section.
I could be totally wrong but I guess the Carrera GT is constructed in a similar sectional way.
The death of Paul Walker is a tragic loss, he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy.
Perhaps his untimely death and the tragic manner in which he died will act as a warning to the boy racer culture that his films promoted.

ScreenShot2013-12-01at114635PM_zps866cad8d.png

F15HAR said:
Modern "Hypercars" constructed with a carbon chassis are generally constructed in either 2 or 3 pieces, and are actually designed to break apart with a harsh impact, separating the driver and the cockpit survival cell from the engine block etc..
This is illustrated in the photo of the Enzo mentioned earlier in the post, the entire rear end of the car is separated from the cockpit section.
I could be totally wrong but I guess the Carrera GT is constructed in a similar sectional way.
The death of Paul Walker is a tragic loss, he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy.
Perhaps his untimely death and the tragic manner in which he died will act as a warning to the boy racer culture that his films promoted.
A orsche is a wonderful thing.As is a Smith & Wesson 45.In the wrong hands they can be lethal.
Im slighlty drunk, perterbed and irritated that the irresposible driver of this car, and his passenger, are being held up as some kind of heros, because they acted like idiots, with scant disregard for other road users.
Porsches dont kill People.Idiots with Porsches do.

Fast & Furious star Paul Walker in Porsche Carrera GT

:bandit: :bandit: Sad news . Cuba :bandit: :bandit:

Attachments

• article_2516403_19c182d700000578_321_964x520_164.jpg
    article_2516403_19c182d700000578_321_964x520_164.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 15,219
Fast & Furious star Paul Walker in Porsche Carrera GT

:bandit: The Porsche Carrera GT has disintegrated , you would have thought the shell would remain . Cuba :bandit:

Attachments

• article_2516303_19bf93fe00000578_655_964x680_328.jpg
    article_2516303_19bf93fe00000578_655_964x680_328.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 15,214
I did not originally realise it had burst into flames after impact (which ironically is normally a fiction we associate with Hollywood!), but once alight, the carbon fibre chassis and safety cell (see page 1) would have just burned to nothing.

infrasilver said:
It was a smallish tree they hit so I don't know why the car snapped in half, so much for a carbon fibre cell. :dont know: Normally a tree of that size would of snapped.

The full story is that it hit a pole and a tree. Apparently the damage was done primarily by a lamp post - the tree was more just where it all ended up :(

Very sad to hear this.
Very sad for his family and friends.
R.I.P Paul Walker

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back